What's new

Tres Agaves Tequila

I got a bottle of the blanco of this for Christmas. Seems really good to me. Nearly as good, for instance, as El Tesoro or Don Julio blanco. I think it is about $30 in the Virginia state ABC stores. I have not seen it anywhere else and had not seen it until just recently.

I continue to be amazed at the how excellent tequila seems to be becoming available at lower and lower prices.

$30 seems quite reasonable to me. I usually don't drink Tequila simply because it's so darn expensive, but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this stuff.

I'll give this a shot. Don Julio Blanco is my fav. Looks like I can get this for $30 where I'm at as well.

Cali prices are better and the tequila selection is better. If the Tres Agaves is available out there no telling how inexpensive it is!

I probably like the El Tesoro better than Don Julio as a blanco, and vice versa for reposados! Casa Noble is probably in there, too, for both expressions, een though I think CN has gone downhill from its previous glory.

$30 seems quite reasonable to me. I usually don't drink Tequila simply because it's so darn expensive, but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this stuff.

Virginia! I am actually on the Maryland side of the river and the Montgomery County liquor stores are generally better priced for spirits and often have been selections than the Va ABC stores, but it seems Va is getting the better of these well priced 100 % agave tequilas.

Lunazul is going for about $21 a 750 ml bottle in the Va stores and it is bargain at than price. I even think the Agavales 100% agave blanco is pretty darn decent, if a bit rought, and it is selling for $13.20 a liter in the Va stores. I sure do not see how something 100% agave can go for that little. I did have an Azul brand tequila for about $23 that did not seem up to snuff with these others. This new middle level version of Herradura, I forget the name, seems pretty good, too, if not as flavorful as some of the others. I think I paid $23 for that one.

Top Bottom