What's new

Treet Blade Question

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here is a picture of a Treet Silver Blade.

It doesn't look like a Carbon blade. Poppi, come tell us.

Malocchio is an expert on Treet razor blades.

$Treet silver .jpg

Well...The difference between silver carbon ,black carbon and Gillettes famous blue carbon blades is determined by the metal alloying percentages,and to a lesser extent the processing of the metal...If you really want an in depth explanation ,dive into this: http://www.google.com/patents/US6763593 ...too deep for my old brain !! :w00t:

Day #4 with the Dura-Sharp and another fine shave. I transferred it to my Parker 94r and that combo was superb, smooth/comfortable and so very close that I'm DFS++ in two passes. I like this blade a lot. It seems to perform better with a more aggressive razor like the Parker or Weber than with a milder one like the Baili. Will try for 1 more wonderful shave from it tomorrow.

Well...The difference between silver carbon ,black carbon and Gillettes famous blue carbon blades is determined by the metal alloying percentages,and to a lesser extent the processing of the metal...If you really want an in depth explanation ,dive into this: http://www.google.com/patents/US6763593 ...too deep for my old brain !! :w00t:

Like I should have done earlier, I checked the package and it does state that these are carbon steel blades.

Day 5 with the Dura-Sharp and it's done. The shave was still very effective (I'm DFS, no problem) but it was not comfortable with a lot of tugging/pulling.

Overall, I like this blade quite a bit. I think more so than the Classic cuz it felt smoother to me.

Next week I'll be trying out the Treet "King" stainless blade. Stay tuned.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Day 1 with a Treet King blade. Put it in my Weber DLC, lathered up and had at it. The 1st pass had a little tugging/pulling, not uncomfortably so but noticeable. The 2nd pass smoothed out a lot and I ended up with a really fine shave. Will have to see how long the blade last and how it performs in other razors. I've also noticed that my face feels really good after shaving with a Treet blade and I like that. Well, except when using a New Steel blade, they're awful.[/FONT]

Day 2 with the Treet King. Transferred the King blade into my Lord Smart razor, lathered up with some nice Palmolive Mentholated SC and had a go. The blade felt very smooth and comfortable but the pairing of the Treet/Lord seemed very very mild. Had to work a bit more than I wanted to but, in the end, a fine shave was had. I'll move the King to a more aggressive razor tomorrow and see what happens.

Day 3 with the King blade. Put it in my Parker 94r, lathered up and had another go with it. The shave ended up fine, it was smooth and comfortable but for some reason I'm not greatly impressed with this blade. It works ok, it was really rough at the start but has smoothed out nicely. And I'm sure this would be a great blade for some one out there. In fact it's not a bad blade for me just not one I would purchase. Hard to explain so I reckon it's a YMMV thing for sure.

Next up is the Treet 7 Day blade.

Day 1 with the Treet 7 Days blade. It's listed as a stainless steel with a platinum stuttered edge. Not sure what that means except it is extremely smooth and comfortable. It was hard to tell it was even in my Weber DLC razor. All I can say is that for day 1, I'm very very happy with the shave I got. Now if it last 7 days as advertised, I don't know but it's going to be fun finding out.

Sounds like those blades are right up there with Van Der Hagen! Used a VDH blade today from a pack I had laying around. After I was done with the shave I promptly threw them out and loaded up the razor with Gillette Platinum Plus. I'll stay with GPP blades and my Wilkies. Will try the feather, though as I got a 5 pack with my EJ razor.

Mikey

Read the post/link that maloccio posted. As I said, I'll stay with GPP blades and my Wilkies. They shave great and no irritation.

This seems as good a place to ask if any one knows if the Dura Sharps in the blue package are the same as the ones in the yellow packaging?

$s-l1600 (7).jpg

Day #2 with the Treet 7 Days blade and what a joy it was. Loaded it in a Parker 94r, lathered up, and had at it. Many think that Parker razors can be somewhat aggressive but this combo felt like a little, cuddly ***** cat. 2 passes, with a very little touch up, and I'm BBS. My face is very very happy too. Wonderful shave and I'm ready to go.

Day #4 with the Treet 7 Days blade and it still feels great. Transferred it to my Rotbart #15 razor, lathered up and had at it. Again, another smooth, close and comfortable shave. I do believe that 7 shaves are totally doable with this blade since it still feels very sharp and effective. Great start to the day

Top Bottom