What's new

Treet Platinum

Anyone use Treet Platinum? I am a newbie to DE shaving and in fact I just had my first shave.

I used a new Krisp Shave Smart Cut with a Treet Platinum after applying some Barbasol cream. I have used disposable razors pretty much all my life and I guess I just wanted a change. I don't grow heavy facial hair and I keep a goatee so I just need to shave my cheeks and a bit of the neck. I was very fearful of cutting myself but the shaving was a pleasant experience and didn't take long at all since all I did was shave with the grain one time. I am totally impressed with how smooth my face feels compared to the generic twin blade razors I was using.

I can see myself diving deeper into this rabbit hole with better soaps and creams and look forward to hanging around this community and learning more. I ordered a bunch of blades off Amazon. I don't think I will be as much of a connoisseur like many of you are because I don't have to make multiple passes when shaving, so I won't be as sensitive towards sharpness and comfort.

I've only used a Treet Platinum once and didn't have a great experience but that was in the razor I've semi-retired to my closet because I rarely got great shaves out of it (Emperor Meiji).
I'll definitely be trying it again. I've had pretty good luck with Treet blades so far and have a whole lot more to try.
And welcome to the community! 🍻

Anyone use Treet Platinum? I am a newbie to DE shaving and in fact I just had my first shave.

I used a new Krisp Shave Smart Cut with a Treet Platinum after applying some Barbasol cream. I have used disposable razors pretty much all my life and I guess I just wanted a change. I don't grow heavy facial hair and I keep a goatee so I just need to shave my cheeks and a bit of the neck. I was very fearful of cutting myself but the shaving was a pleasant experience and didn't take long at all since all I did was shave with the grain one time. I am totally impressed with how smooth my face feels compared to the generic twin blade razors I was using.

I can see myself diving deeper into this rabbit hole with better soaps and creams and look forward to hanging around this community and learning more. I ordered a bunch of blades off Amazon. I don't think I will be as much of a connoisseur like many of you are because I don't have to make multiple passes when shaving, so I won't be as sensitive towards sharpness and comfort.

If that Krisp Shave is a half-blade straight razor, a lot of the comments are about double edge Treets. I'm not familiar with it. Blades in different razors shave differently. Take every review with a grain of salt.

If that Krisp Shave is a half-blade straight razor, a lot of the comments are about double edge Treets. I'm not familiar with it. Blades in different razors shave differently. Take every review with a grain of salt.

No, it is double edge. Seems to be a Weishi rebrand. It is one of those butterfly opening models. I like it a lot but will invest in another razor as soon as I feel comfortable with the Krisp.

I bought a hundred of Treet Platinum a month ago, they are a one and done for me. They are okay smooth but not smooth enough to use a 2nd time, everyone has their experiences with theses blades. I bought 50 of the Treets Black corbon to see how they work.

Welcome aboard.

Treet Platinum is a fine blade - smooth and fairly sharp. If it's working for you, stick with it.
If you hang around here a bit at B&B you will see one can make shaving very complex, or keep it super simple.
1701617251775.jpeg

It's a fine blade. I prefer to use it in more aggressive razors as it's not the sharpest blade out there. The choice of razorblade is very personal. If it works for you, you don't really need to look any further.

But... You're on B&b, so inevitably you will try out different brands and flavours. @lasta has a very interesting comparison chart on the forum, though it's lacking my favourite blade Rapira Swedish Supersteel. I am letting this slide because I dont have them in my stash anymore either (sobs quitly).

Treet 7 Days platinum I found to be a bit better than the platinums, especially in a milder shaving razor.

Top Bottom