What's new

TOBS Cedarwood

had a nice shave today with the new tub of Taylor's Cedarwood cream.
nice albeit slight cedar scent, with green and citrus notes along with the cedar wood, to my nose.
good performance, with really good slickness and stability.
perhaps not the knockout I was hoping but overall very good, especially at the price.
finished off with Sterling and L'Occitane woods frags, which were great.

proxy.php

I swung by the TOBS store in London this afternoon, to give this a whiff, and ended up leaving with a tub.

I've not shaved with it it yet, although expect the usual solid TOBS performance.

I have to say that I really like the scent. I wouldn't say it was a straight-up cedar wood, although there are some woody notes; and the overall scent profile creates a woodsy sort of impression. The citrus, pepper and vetiver are what stand out to me, on the first whiff. I find it warming and relaxing, and reminiscent of something that you'd smell at a spa (I've been to my fair share of spa days with my girlfriend, over the years!).

Call me crazy, but I think its closest neighbour in the TOBS range is Eton College. To my nose, the citrus/pepper combo in Cedarwood is like the Eton College opening, albeit Cedarwood is mellower and a bit darker.

I swung by the TOBS store in London this afternoon, to give this a whiff, and ended up leaving with a tub.

I've not shaved with it it yet, although expect the usual solid TOBS performance.

I have to say that I really like the scent. I wouldn't say it was a straight-up cedar wood, although there are some woody notes; and the overall scent profile creates a woodsy sort of impression. The citrus, pepper and vetiver are what stand out to me, on the first whiff. I find it warming and relaxing, and reminiscent of something that you'd smell at a spa (I've been to my fair share of spa days with my girlfriend, over the years!).

Call me crazy, but I think its closest neighbour in the TOBS range is Eton College. To my nose, the citrus/pepper combo in Cedarwood is like the Eton College opening, albeit Cedarwood is mellower and a bit darker.
I concur!

I used mine for the first time yesterday. When I opened it and took a whiff the first thing that came to my mind was St James of London cedarwood. I'm out of the St James so I can't really compare. I believe these are made by the same manufacturer.

Men's Room Barbershop has it listed for $15. Not sure what they charge for shipping though -- I always spend enough to get free shipping.

How strong is the scent? I have trouble detecting the scent in many of the TOBS. (I think my schnoz must not work as well as other people's.)

I used mine for the first time yesterday. When I opened it and took a whiff the first thing that came to my mind was St James of London cedarwood. I'm out of the St James so I can't really compare. I believe these are made by the same manufacturer.

I think st James may be creightons and TOBS is TOBS

Okay, you're crazy. Now that's out of the way, I agree, there's a pretty definite similarity. Which is just fine with me

Top Bottom