What's new

Tis the Season.for beer!

First off, I love beer. I love going to the store and finding new brews/brewery offerings. From IPA's to Ales..I love em all. I have even gotten into home brewing. I brewed my first beer over the summer to offer to my guests at my wedding (I called it Wedding Day IPA). Anyway, over the past few years I just love sampling all that seasonal beers have to offer, from Oktoberfest to fall beers and right into all the holiday/Christmas/Winter beers.

I just went to a local liquor store and the winter seasonals are starting to be released. Needless to say, I was as giddy as a little boy on Christmas morning. I was even able to score a magnum bottle of Anchor Stream's 2012 Christmas.
$christmas-bio.jpg

With that said and the holiday season upon us, I would love to hear what some of you gentlemen enjoy drinking on those frosty winter nights by the fire. I always like expanding my seasonal beer repertoire, so let's hear it! Is beer not your drink of choice? Indulge in a different type of drink? That's cool, I want to hear those too!!...because I love a good scotch as well!

I do love them barley wines!! Also found a taste for Saison, though it likes me a little too well (hiccup)

I look forward to Sierra Nevada Celebration every year. Boulevard Nut Cracker is tasty too. I typically lay in a sixer or two of each.

There are many other selections at my favorite beer store that I need to give a try. Should be fun! Beer is a good thing.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Is Sam Adams still putting that God awful Cranberry Lambic in the sampler packs? One sip of that stuff is enough ruin Christmas.

Is Sam Adams still putting that God awful Cranberry Lambic in the sampler packs? One sip of that stuff is enough ruin Christmas.

haha...I was never a fan either.
This year's lineup will include Samuel Adams Boston Lager[SUP]®[/SUP], Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig Ale[SUP]®[/SUP], Holiday Porter, Chocolate Bock and a brand new holiday brew, White Christmas.

Ah as Denis Leary called it "Cranberry Nutcrunch f-ing Ale" How did people ever think that was a good idea?

As for me, the New Belgium Snow Day is wonderful. I am gonna try and find the Anchor Steam one as everything they make tends to impress me.

Ah as Denis Leary called it "Cranberry Nutcrunch f-ing Ale" How did people ever think that was a good idea?

As for me, the New Belgium Snow Day is wonderful. I am gonna try and find the Anchor Steam one as everything they make tends to impress me.

Anchor steam is one of my holiday favorites. They are one of the few breweries that change their seasonal recipe each year. It's always fun to see what they came up with and compare between the years.

Christmas beers all taste like pine trees to me. There are some good winter ales out there, but I can never remember what they are.

A buddy of mine had some of the sam adams winter lager that we tried the other day. Not bad, the spice adds a good flavor to it. Has anyone had the Holiday Porter?

A buddy of mine had some of the sam adams winter lager that we tried the other day. Not bad, the spice adds a good flavor to it. Has anyone had the Holiday Porter?

Love the Holiday Porter, Old Fezziwig Ale is a must try as well.

Old Engine Oil Engineer's Reserve Blackest Ale by Harviestoun Brewery is my current favorite. This English Porter is fantastic, and the 9% ABV is the icing on the cake.

New Glarus Brewery makes and excellent coffee Stout that Im looking forward to. Also, if I can find it, I really like Southern Tier Creme Brulee stout.

You guys should try some of the Belgian Christmas beers if you haven't.

Stuff like Scaldis Noel, Corsendonk Christmas, St. Bernardus Christmas.

Aome of the harder to find but still awesome:

De Ranke Pere Noel
Goden Carolus
Serafijn
Fantome Noel

And I'm gonna butcher the spelling but it's something like Winterkoniskin.

I like some of the US stuff, but Belgium crushes Xmas ales!

If you really like coffee & chocolate then Founder's Breakfast is about as tasty as they come. I can't possibly name a favorite but my home brews have been really been a treat. Have some Munton's Old Ale aging right now in the cellar and of course had to test it.
I don't generally care for anything that resembles "holiday spice" in my beers.

One of my favorites this time of year is Left Hand Milk Stout. I often drink it as a dessert. Although, I haven't been able to find it recently...

Top Bottom