What's new

Tired of dealing with lousy haircuts

Before I started shaving my head with a razor, I bought a decent set of hair clippers. They paid for themselves within a couple months.

I find a shaved noggin liberating. I only wish I had started doing it sooner.

I am not a millionaire, but I enjoy going to town and getting my hair cut at the Barber shop. I pay 10.00 plus a 3 dollar tip. For that I get a nice haircut, my eyebrows trimmed and a neck massage. In the winter I go once a month, in the summer every 2 to three weeks. I usually get a high and tight in the Summer and a little longer in the winter.

My hair is gradually thinning on top & I went to my barbers today. I usually get a No.3 on the sides and trimmed with scissors to finger thickness on top. Today I walked in, sat down & he said "what do we usually do" I told him and he said "wanna try a No.6 on top & No. 3 on the sides"?

I said why not, so he ended up doing a No.6 on top and a No.2.5 on the sides as he said it blended in better with the top. I'm really happy, it looks tidy & has set me up for Spring/Summer. I wished I had got it cut this way a while ago. I told him that I could have fallen asleep as he put pressure on the clippers, he said yeah a lot of people say that its like a head massage. I have some Wahl clippers but think that I will be going to him for the foreseeable future, as I wont be able to tidy up my neck when cutting it myself. Plus the disposable DE blade he uses in a shavette gives a crisp finish around my neckline.

Bump into my cousin in the shopping centre today and she didnt bat an eyelid, when my Mum mentioned, Chris got his haircut this morning, she said "oh yeah it looks nice & neat" We probably think that everyone takes notice when in fact they probably dont take as much as we think.

Do any of you guys use soft brushes like pic below? or just never bother brushing it?

proxy.php

Last edited:
A month old thread...but who cares!

I thought this might be an ad for the Flowbee..

proxy.php

My next door neighbor worked through college cutting hair. She does it out of her basement for extra $ now. I get a #3 on the side/back and a little longer on top. She cleans up around the ears, neckline, and trims the eyebrows. She charges $6, I give her a $10. A great haircut and no gas spent. Plus she is purdy to look at too. :thumbup:

I am the barber to my disabled brother in law. I have a Wahl set of clippers with color coded guards of various lengths. It's easy. I use a one inch on the top of his head, 5/8's below that, and half inch lower than that. And then I shave the back of his neck and around his ears. he looks as good as if he had gone to a barber.

I don't cut my own hair because it'd be too hard. And my wife lacks confidence, so she won't cut my hair (even though she did fine the few times she did cut my hair), so I go to the barber shop for my cut.

Top Bottom