What's new

Timeless Bronze question

Hello all. I'm ordering me a Timeless Bronze 38 soon and really love the non-patina'd shiny look. I was wondering from those who have one, how successful have you been in keeping your razor polished and shiny?

Hello all. I'm ordering me a Timeless Bronze 38 soon and really love the non-patina'd shiny look. I was wondering from those who have one, how successful have you been in keeping your razor polished and shiny?
Don’t own a Timeless bronze but have experience polishing metal.

I am sure folks at Timeless can recommend a polish that will work, and not hurt your razor.

Jewlery use a cloth that is yellow colored, imbedded with small amount of Jewlery rouge.

Rub with special cloth, polish to high finish with soft cotton rag.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It’s remarkably easy to keep it shiny - just get some Flitz polish (or Maas) and an old t-shirt. Whenever the mood strikes you, just hit it with the polish and the shine will return with a vengeance.

It's easy for sure. It's fun, too. It's also unnecessary, so you can do it frequently, occasionally, or never.

Flitz and a microfiber cloth is what I use.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I won't be adding much with my comment but what a stunner of a razor the TRBR38 is. I ordered one from Timeless. It looked and felt spectacular. It was however too mild for me. I only dreamed Timeless made a matching brush handle.

IMG_6032.HEIC.jpeg

I too went online to see how to keep it the way it looked. As the comments here suggest, it appears to be easy.

I hope you enjoy yours.

Last edited:
I won't be adding much with my comment but what a stunner of a razor the TRBR38 is. I ordered one from Timeless. It looked and felt spectacular. It was however too mild for me. I only dreamed Timeless made a matching brush handle.

View attachment 1667372

I too went online to see how to keep it the way it looked. As the comments here suggest, it appears to be easy.

I hope you enjoy yours.
I always thought these were gorgeous. Are you going to cut this loose or have you already done that?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Which do you like better?
Polished vs patina? I love both! Seriously, I wasn't 100% certain which way I wanted to go when I bought the .38 a couple years ago. I decided to see how it developed and am very happy. It's warm and looks like a vintage razor.

A series of fortunate events led to the .78 OC, I was actually just going to get the base plate but wound up with the entire thing for a song. Polished it's a stunner. Purtier than my Slim Aristocrat.

Shave wise, I am glad that I held off on the open comb until now. I wouldn't have been ready for it a couple years ago and it would have wound up on the BST. The .38 is as gentle as a kitten and way more efficient than one would think with the blade gap. I think a complete newbie could use it and be thrilled with the results. I don't think I own a more intuitive razor. The .78 OC requires my attention. I have only shaved with twice and I get great results but I can tell it will bite given the opportunity.

Either way, it feels amazing in the hand and leaves a smile on my face.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Polished vs patina? I love both! Seriously, I wasn't 100% certain which way I wanted to go when I bought the .38 a couple years ago. I decided to see how it developed and am very happy. It's warm and looks like a vintage razor.

A series of fortunate events led to the .78 OC, I was actually just going to get the base plate but wound up with the entire thing for a song. Polished it's a stunner. Purtier than my Slim Aristocrat.

Shave wise, I am glad that I held off on the open comb until now. I wouldn't have been ready for it a couple years ago and it would have wound up on the BST. The .38 is as gentle as a kitten and way more efficient than one would think with the blade gap. I think a complete newbie could use it and be thrilled with the results. I don't think I own a more intuitive razor. The .78 OC requires my attention. I have only shaved with twice and I get great results but I can tell it will bite given the opportunity.

Either way, it feels amazing in the hand and leaves a smile on my face.
I don't think I'll live long enough to be ready for the big boy razors like the Bronze 0.78OC... I'm pretty happy with my little family of upper mild to lower medium efficiency razors and the Bronze 0.38 fits comfortably in the genre.

The same can be said for the Timeless Ti razors... I enjoy my matte, scalloped top, 0.68OC... What a nice razor.

I have a .68 Timeless and yes, it requires some fairly intense upkeep to maintain a shine. I started off trying these:
20231230_115900~3.jpg

Bit of old rag with the Brasso. The Never Dull is like a compressed cotton wad saturated with the polishing chemical.

Frankly, a lot of work with slow and minimal progress. Then I read a thread about what the guy from Back Roads Gold uses to revitalize dingy nickel-plated razors that don't really need a replating.
20231230_115914~3.jpg

It is a powder you mix with water to make a slurry. A bit of toothbrush and rag action and I get my Timeless pretty close to what it looked like out of the box.

Found my can of it in the cleaning aisle at Kroger.

Top Bottom