What's new

Time to stock up Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword

I never liked the gillette wilkinson sword blades (or the german ones either), but when I first tried a gillette 365 it was absolutely amazing, the perfect blade if there ever was one. I have an order of 200 on the way, $19 with shipping.

Do you find they go dull quickly? I tried a 365 and the first shave was fantastic. The second and third shaves weren't nearly as good. :confused2

I don't know, I only use a blade once because I have very sensitive skin and coarse hair that grows in different directions can be irritated easily. I only go for bbs, anything less isn't worth my time. My father and grandfather on the other hand, uses them until they're dull, Neither have gotten their samples yet (still waiting on my 200 from india) but I will report back in a week or two if you remind me.

I won't use a blade until it's death, but I wont just use it once either. I can get a week from these easily, if I remember right when I first dragged one out it went nine days? But I find these are at their best until 3.

I'd wonder what "saloon" indicates. Made for only 1 shave? Assuming for hygiene reason it is not to be reused? Or just the less than retail packaging?

The Saloon Pack Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords are among my favourites, a top 5 for me.. I have plenty, so I have no need to stock up.

there will now be a huge surge in demand for Indian blades ... everyone will stockpile ...

I'm not convinced that production will cease, but you're right, it's very tempting to stockpile. Especially when you can buy 1000 Gillette Wilkinsons for just over $60! I took advantage of that deal last month, and I'm glad I did, regardless of what happens with production.

Call me nuts but I liked the shanghai made Wilkinsons and got 3 smooth shaves out of them so when I saw a 50 pack for $4 I grabbed them. When I opened the outer pack I found I had bough India made wilkinsons with production date of 10/16. Seems the production in India continues through at least late last year and hope I like the India made blades as much as I liked the Chinese made ones.

Top Bottom