What's new

Time to stock up Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword

'' Hi Mr,

Thank you for contacting Procter & Gamble regarding Gillette.

About your inquiry we would like to inform you as off now Gillette India still producing the Gillette Wilkinson Sword double edge razor blades and distributing.

Looking forward to helping you improve your life, every day.

Regards,
Abhinav
Consumer Relations Representative
Procter & Gamble ''

Very interesting. Thank you for investigating! I'm still really glad to have picked up my Gillette Black for such a wonderful price, just in case they decide to change anything at all. I can't wait for them to arrive!

Glad I don't have to rush!
WRONG! That is the perfect time to rush, while the resource isn't scarce. Not to create a panic of biblical proportions but, If was executive at Gillette, I'd never let the clients know when a product is about to be terminated. Why you may ask? To deny them the chance to pile up, to force on them our new more expensive products MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
The Saloon Pack Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords are among my favourites, a top 5 for me.. I have plenty, so I have no need to stock up.

'' Hi Mr,

Thank you for contacting Procter & Gamble regarding Gillette.

About your inquiry we would like to inform you as off now Gillette India still producing the Gillette Wilkinson Sword double edge razor blades and distributing.

Looking forward to helping you improve your life, every day.

Regards,
Abhinav
Consumer Relations Representative
Procter & Gamble ''

Their phone support says exactly the opposite. I also doubt that support staff in India is very well versed in the matters of factory of manufacture. This is worth further digging up. I'm going to call the distributor tomorrow. I have a feeling this guy took "packaging" as "producing".

$IMG_20150930_055716.jpg

Which one is better between the ones made in India and China ?

The Chinese ones are not as good -- they are much less sharp and less smoother. I thought they are doable because I only use the blade once and shave everyday. But last week I shaved a 2-day beard and it tugged like crazy, with a fresh blade.

For softer beards this may work, but for me they just aren't the same blade anymore. I used to prefer the Indian ones over Permasharp greens because they were smoother.

They'll still sell like crazy, it costs $1 for 23 blades locally. That's half as cheap as the next Gillette blade.

I opened my first pack of those blades. They are very good blades, i bought a hundred. They don't beat my favourite (Polsilver) but they are very good at a good price point.

Hello. How do You distinguish between Indian and Chinese version?

Also, it is possible to distinguish between normal version and saloon pack looking only at the blade? It seems that some sellers use the pictures of both versions interchangeably, and saloon is much worse as I heard..

Last edited:
The ones I have are from Shanghai as well. I has some before, but didn't check if they were from India or China. There are many blades I still need to try but these are the ones I use when testing a newly acquired razor. They work well for me, even though I only get 4 shaves from a blade.

Mine says :

Manufactured by : Gillette India Limited, Plot No 4, Katha
Bhatoli Kalan, Apparel Park-Cum-Industrial
Area, Baddi, Dist. Solan, HP- 173205

It's the "Indian Saloon Pack" variety and love them. I've got more than 500 in stock.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just pulled the trigger on 100 of these from the bay. I would be interested to see if I get the China or India manufacture. At 8 bucks a hundred, it was worth the risk. I know I hate the German wilkies. I bought a tuck while traveling in Europe this summer and they were dreadful. But I do like the Indian Green and Black Gillettes. So i figured this was a good one to try out. We will see how it turns out. If they shave good, I may just get another big batch at these prices.

Luckily they have nothing to do, or are like, the actual Wilkinson Sword blades. I too can not use those. They have black and white packs around here in some stores, German I believe?, and my face absolutely hates them.

I bought a bunch of Wilkinson and 7 O' Clock Platinum(black) while I was visiting India last year. The 7 O' Clock blades were super hard to find while the Wilkinson were available everywhere dirt cheap(less than US $0.50 for 10 blade pack). A shopkeeper said that it is the most popular blade in India.

According to the packaging on my blades, Wilkinson blades are made in India in the same plant where the 7 O' Clock blades are made. Packaging date Oct 2015. While it is true that DE shaving is dying off in India, I doubt that they will stop manufacturing them in India because a huge chunk of Indian population still cannot afford expensive cartridges. And if Gillette stops making them, they will be losing business to Supermax and other even cheaper domestic brands.

On left is a 5 pack of 7 O' Clock Platinum(black) and on right is a 10 pack of Wilkinson blades.
$CAM00750.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom