What's new

Thoughts on new Gillette Flexball

I was in Target with Jr tonight and to my surprise, the fusion, proglide and power models were all marked down for "clearance". Make way for the Flexball.

I'm holding out for the limited collectible edition Flexball that comes bundled with the I-phone in matching colors.

G - gimmick
I - Illogical
L - ludicrous
L - laughable
E - embarrassing
T - terrible
T - thwarting
E - expires (if we are lucky)

G - gimmick
I - Illogical
L - ludicrous
L - laughable
E - embarrassing
T - terrible
T - thwarting
E - expires (if we are lucky)

The only item I agree with is "gimmick", as this is what I think of their present razors.
In my opinion you are way off with the rest. Gillette has been one of the most successful businesses of all times and many people got rich and made a decent living doing their jobs. I also cannot wish them to expire since I imagine there are quite a few people feeding their families while working for Gillette.
OK, maybe embarrassing as well, but just a little...:lol:
OK, OK... maybe also terrible, because they are using so much plastic in their products.

I think that's it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Went to Walmart for an unrelated purchase and saw this. 10 bucks and it's mine
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401989559.149330.jpg

Went to Walmart for an unrelated purchase and saw this. 10 bucks and it's mine
View attachment 457384

They must have just put them out, because I was in walmart yesterday and they still had the coming soon signs up where all the clearanced regular fusions and proglides used to be.

I'm interested to see how you like it. I never liked the fusion, and much prefer the Schick Hydro. I wonder if this one is any different than the previous fusion or proglide, because it appears it uses the same cartridges, just different handle.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
good move, jason! Let us know if you can tell much improvement.
glad there is at least one other guy here who is not totally arrogant and close minded, but rather open to innovation!
I've grown out of the stage.

They must have just put them out, because I was in walmart yesterday and they still had the coming soon signs up where all the clearanced regular fusions and proglides used to be.

I'm interested to see how you like it. I never liked the fusion, and much prefer the Schick Hydro. I wonder if this one is any different than the previous fusion or proglide, because it appears it uses the same cartridges, just different handle.

I found them on a Fathers Day display down one of the aisles. One side was shaving stuff other side was fishing poles.

If Gillette expires what happens to all those PPI DE blades so many of us love? :confused1

The "expire" was refering to the flexball scam. If it goes, perhaps they will start working on a better DE blade and go back to their original (and better) designs.

The "expire" was refering to the flexball scam. If it goes, perhaps they will start working on a better DE blade and go back to their original (and better) designs.

I see now, but I don't see them going back to DEs as a mainstream product due to the patents all being expired. However, I wouldn't mind seeing them push the Guard a bit more into already developed markets like ours, but I don't see that happening either since the margins are likely razor thin -- pun intended!

Patents, smatents. I just finally saw my first Weishi/Micro Touch 1 in Walmart.

They could patent a coating or treatment and tell us the same marketing hype on DE blades. ;)

Patents, smatents. I just finally saw my first Weishi/Micro Touch 1 in Walmart.

They could patent a coating or treatment and tell us the same marketing hype on DE blades. ;)

I wish they would! Also, I wonder if they will ever market the Micro Touch 1 in Canada someday. It would be nice.

Top Bottom