What's new

Thoughts on Cornell & Diehl

C&D seems to be one of those "Sinatra or Dean" situations. People either like or detest them. For myself, I cut my teeth on the Old London series, and love a few blends like 5 O'Clock Shadow, OJK, and BMF. Some of their blends are really meh for me though. As to QC, I've been lucky. Only issues I've had is with quick ferments, with tins darn near exploding. Nothing that a mason jar can't fix.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I just finished up a bowl of bulk C&D Super Balkan, which I believe is my first bowl of any C&D branded stuff (so take it for what it's worth in that way). I quite enjoyed it and found it rather smooth. I look forward to finishing up the couple ounces I picked up to try out.

I also picked up a couple ounces of Bayou Night that I might try out later today or tomorrow.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've enjoyed the handful of C&D blends that I've tried. Bourbon Bleu is one of my favorite blends. When it come to stocking up on tobacco, my philosophy is buy first, think later. :thumbup1:

Interesting thread. I enjoyed Corn Cob Pipe and a Button nose(man thats a long title), I really like haunted book shop and autumn evening. Im still in the exploring stages of my Pipe smoking Journey, and I am still trying new blends and companies that are new to me, but old hat to yall.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had another bowl of the Super Balkan, and it was well behaved and quite tasty. I'm looking forward to loading up on it.

Being primarily a burley man, i smoke C&D bulks most every day (haunted bookshop, old joe krantz, big 'n burley, a few others). Never had mold and it delivers a nic hit that's about right for me.
Cornel and diehl sell Izmir and cigar leaf and a very different cavandish all three i use in my blend.The cigar leaf and cavandish in very small quantities.I love old joe Krantz but it does not love me way to strong.

The only one I've tried is their Gentleman Caller, and it did nothing for me. Wonderful "oatmeal cookie" aroma from the tin, but I got nothing from the smoke.

Top Bottom