What's new

Thought I was over RAD thanks SE shaving

Well here I go again. I tried SE shaving a few years ago but not much luck. More than likely poor technique and blades. I did have a GEM 'G'bar, no good, NOS cased GEM gold 'Push button', no good, and a an OC MIcromatic again no good. So it was only after the give away price of £10 that I purchased from the bay a cased NOS Ever Ready Feather weight with blades. So impressed with the smooth BBS and effortless shaves from the feather weight that last week I caved in a bought a NOS Ever Ready 1912 (which is up tomorrow). Bouyed by the apparent ease of crossing over and some great blades supplied by fellow UK member morseman (a pack of treet and a few GEMs) I've gone and bought a further forty Treet baldes and a GEM Bullet tip with 'magic eye' tonight off the bay. As a tight wad I've only sourced the best but cheapest bullet tip and the blades while new had the best internatioanl shipping from the US. So while I've found my go to OC DE razors, my go to injector style razor (cobra classic) I'm now on a the path the facial destruction with a little SE RAD.......thanks

I really like the Cobra. In fact I take it on annual leave with no back up. It gives consistant results every time. Just wish the baldes werent so expensive. Saying that they do last me a lot longer than DE baldes.

The 1912 first shave went superbly. Smooth all over BBS first time. A three pass shave no nicks or weepers etc.

Congrats on the inaugural 1912 shave! Great razors, with a well deserved following. The stainless blades get even better after the 2nd or 3rd shave on them, so be ready for some great shaves! No need to go total SE RAD until you get your feet under you. It'll be wedge blades and strops soon enough...

Yep. SE razors open the door to a whole new strain of AD.

Well I contacted a guy on the bay who miss advertised a nice chrome cased complete Ever ready 1912 with a plain handle (by the looks of it) and its on its way to me for the magic £10 inc postage.

Got to say the current 1912 with a GEM blade is a little rougher than with the Treet Carbon, but the shaves with either are superb. Silky smooth and so far close to BBS every time. I'm really liking the rsults and easy to use.

Well at home today and a super quick zoom around the bay has just tempted me into buying a (I think it is) a 'shovel head'. It opens at the front and has the standard lather catcher / combs. Average nick from the US for £13 inc stanard postage. I dont mind the wait. The only other one I really like the look of is the 'G' bar. Had one but it never worked back then, so willing to have another go. What do you guys think?
$Shovel 1.jpg$Shovel 2.jpg

Looks like I'll be needing another razor stand :blush:

Last edited:
I really shouldnt be left alone with a PC, I think thats it now. Along with my

Every Ready Feather weight NOS with case 'n' blades
Ever Ready 1912, have gotten a real nice mottled black bakelite case
Ever Ready 1912- Made in the USA, with a superb chrome case and blade holder
Gem Bullet tip, magic eye flying wing (take your pick on which name) and a pack of NOS 4 Treet carbon blades

I've just been out bid on a nice GEM 'G' bar. In an effort to secure one, Etsy came to the rescue and one has been had for less thasn my Max E-bay bid :w00t: So there, thats all the sexy SE razors taken care of.

I hate to be the one to tell you so, but the Jewel / Streamline pair have it over all the rest when it comes to sexy looking SEs (well, the Gbar runs close behind).

You may as well put out a watch for a Henckels Rapide or Wotan. I snagged this one a while back to go with the Woton I already had. A very, very nice razor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-JA-Henckels-Rapide-Straight-Safety-Razor-Hollow-Ground-Blades-Orig-Case-/121312001883?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=SkGBxZYOkszwF72F2o7ffPJuD9E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc Pretty much the pinnacle of SE shaving, as far as I'm concerned. But not so convenient as to be the daily driver, like the 1912 is.

The Streamline looks amazing, but I don't think it shaves as well as the garden variety 1912. YMMV.

Se razors ROCK.... I had more SE razors then DE razors at one time not too long ago but that has changed.

Blades? Yea I got blades 5-600 PTFE coated GEM stainless blades along with hundreds of carbon TREET, ASR, and GEM SE blades.

SE RAD...... well at least it does not take that long to get one of everyone made :yesnod:

I can only fit 6 in my SE box in the shave den but I rotate others in and out as the urge occurs

proxy.php

proxy.php

Dang a Wonton and a Stream line!!! hmmm, new SE razors or new tyres on the Dodge...wheres the credit card LOL :lol:

Top Bottom