What's new

Thinking about getting a few new tins

Was reading some reviews on some tobacco's Samuel Gawith 1792 and fire dance wondering what your opinions were? Also full Virginia flake.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you have a difficult time with nicotine 1792 is not for you. FVF is a solid Virginia, there are others I like better but it's the one by which others are compared

If you have a difficult time with nicotine 1792 is not for you. FVF is a solid Virginia, there are others I like better but it's the one by which others are compared

Still haven't opened up that 1792. This post has made me that much more excited.

What VAs does Derrick like more than FVF?!?

Seems Im gonna have to order it alot of shops carry everything but the tins I wanna try gotta love St. louis.

Thanks for the warning. Took it off my list. That's assuming you mean it's got a lot of nicotine, not insufficient nicotine.

I'm not a big aromatic fan, but Firedance Flake is probably my favorite. As Price once said "it's not a third rate Cavendish slathered with flavoring", it's SG Best Brown Flake lightly flavored with blackberry brandy and vanilla. Great combo!

I'm not a big aromatic fan, but Firedance Flake is probably my favorite. As Price once said "it's not a third rate Cavendish slathered with flavoring", it's SG Best Brown Flake lightly flavored with blackberry brandy and vanilla. Great combo!

Did you say Best Brown Flake?!? Drool :)

I don't really rate it. It feels more burley than Virginia to me. That's just my take as I don't rate burley. Having said that, I can tell it's quality tobacco, just not my style. I can tell many will love it though.

And all of a sudden this just made my list of things to try.

Did you say Best Brown Flake?!? Drool :)

+1 - And it's really Senshi's fault that I know this too...

I've smoked a fair amount of FVF, and While I've had a few nice bowls of it, I've had more mouth mouth-scorching bowls! It's a tricky one to smoke, and while there's a reward at the end for taking it very slow, it's too short-lived to be worth it. I've only recently opened my first tin of Best Brown Flake, and instantly like it much more than FVF.. for me it's like the sweet spot of FVF for the whole bowl. HH Matured Virginia is one I've smoked lots of, though, and I don't think it has anything in common with FVF. The HH MV has a sort of Kalamata olive note that I absolutely love. It sounds odd, but I definitely taste and smell an olive note with the rich, smooth and earthy-sweet Virginias (not at all overly sweet to me, just a natural sweetness). It's definitely in my top 10.. very unique, easy-smoking, rich-tasting tobacco, without being too heavy or too strong.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've smoked a fair amount of FVF, and While I've had a few nice bowls of it, I've had more mouth mouth-scorching bowls! It's a tricky one to smoke, and while there's a reward at the end for taking it very slow, it's too short-lived to be worth it. I've only recently opened my first tin of Best Brown Flake, and instantly like it much more than FVF.. for me it's like the sweet spot of FVF for the whole bowl. HH Matured Virginia is one I've smoked lots of, though, and I don't think it has anything in common with FVF. The HH MV has a sort of Kalamata olive note that I absolutely love. It sounds odd, but I definitely taste and smell an olive note with the rich, smooth and earthy-sweet Virginias (not at all overly sweet to me, just a natural sweetness). It's definitely in my top 10.. very unique, easy-smoking, rich-tasting tobacco, without being too heavy or too strong.

OK, that clinches it! I gotta stock up on HH Mature Virginia now! Thanks!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I may have to try it one day as a change of pace.

Of the three FVF is my fave. Firedance is pretty good for an aromatic. I may be the one person who is not a fan of 1792 though, as I find the tonquin way too overbearing.

Top Bottom