What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

They made some poor choices in their marketing strategy, and have paid for these mistakes, but their products are absolutely outstanding. Some of the very best soap I've envountered of the 300 plus I've tried. The reason they were banned here is due to having two accounts at the same time. Most people don't know the full story and have only heard one side of it. If you're interested in knowing what actually happened then read everything about it here then send them an email asking for their thoughts about it. They are not without fault but if you know both sides I don't think that you'll avoid purchasing from them.

I'll say this, I enjoyed their product and was an advocate for it here and other forums. I will however no longer do business with them. It goes far beyond marketing. That being said, the products are great and perform consistently.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I haven't used their soap, nor will I.

We have a wonderful group of vendors and hobbyists who support our membership (not to mention being stand-up folks when it comes to the Sue Moore acution) and it is to those I choose to give my support. Others are free to act on their own accord, but I place a high value on integrity.

If they sold the best stuff on earth and were giving it away free I still would not use it! I don't support people like them

Plus one on that one! We are all in a small wet shaving community where integrity is important. There are too many artisans with great products, but are also trustworthy.

Last edited:
So many people know only one side of this and make a quick decision that they feel strongly about. Unlike most, I have actually heard both sides of this and know exactly what happened.

It's like my wife tells the parents of her kindergarten students. You believe half of what they tell you and I'll believe half of what they tell me. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Feel free to send them an email and ask for their side of things before you make a decision that you feel this strongly about. If you have all of the facts and still make the same decision then I can respect that, but with only hearing one side you're missing some important information.

I know both sides of the story and have heard all the apologies from Douglas(or whatever his current moniker is). The thing is they arent %100 trustworthy. So I would never use their product....especially since its stuff that you put on your face.

And its been said a million times that we have many great artisans and vendors that I would rather support.

I'm one of the members who has only heard the one (bad) side. But with all the good reviews I've seen various places their products are impossible for me to ignore. I don't have anything they make yet but that's only because I tried a few other soaps fist and need to use a few of those up. I never thought to ask them for their side of things.

FYI, if you have not been swayed and would order their products, their aftershaves are more like colognes in scent strength and definitely make you feel the burn.

I haven't used their soap, nor will I.

We have a wonderful group of vendors and hobbyists who support our membership (not to mention being stand-up folks when it comes to the Sue Moore acution) and it is to those I choose to give my support. Others are free to act on their own accord, but I place a high value on integrity.

+1

That company generates so much drama and division in our small community. I just prefer to stick with the many other artisans that are a joy to interact with.

Well this certainly isn't the direction I expected this thread to go. I usually like to let my money be my voice when it comes to issues like this.

If it is not inappropriate, I would really like to know the story behind all the animus. If this forum isn't acceptable could someone PM me to explain the situation. I wouldn't want to support a dishonest vendor, but I also like to make informed decisions. I will probably email the vendor as well to get their take. I would prefer to stand by B&B members since this forum has been great to me. I just want some more info.

Hey guys i was just wondering what the Phoenix A.A. AL FIN smells likes...?? i hear great things about this product so i definitely am interested.

Last edited:
You heard great things, but no mention of the smell? That's an odd review I would think. I can't seem to recall it being talked about on B&B before.

No I forgot where I read about it but can't find it again. Nd no , no one has posted a post on B&B about it. I searched lol.

Top Bottom