What's new

The Underappreciated Schick Krona

Yeah, I have the black knob version I picked up a year or so ago at the local flea mkt. Thing was absolutely filthy, but she cleaned up nice, and gets used about once a month when I feel like being a little different!

I agree that the Krona is very underappreciated. Of course, that works to my advantage and allowed me to pick up 2 off ebay for cheap. Paired with the right blade they can be mild to medium, and they are a regular part of my rotation.

That was my first razor, back in the mid 1970ies. I still use it from time to time and I fully agree it's an underappreciated razor.

I love my Krona. Beats all Gillette TTO's I tried. Traded my Slim for it and never looked back.

There is something about the head design that makes it just right. If only there was a 3 piece with the same shape.

I have one with a plastic TTO knob... I should re-try it. I found it much more irritating than my SuperSpeed when I first used it, but I was still pretty new to DE shaving at the time.

I have the short metal tip version that I bought off Craigslist for 10$. Came with the case and blade dispenser. It was my first foray into wet shaving and while I bought a slim to try, the Schick Krona is my daily razor. Using it with GSB and it gives a close comfortable shave every time. A wonderful razor that is overlooked by most who have their Gillette goggles on at all times.

I have two Kronas (metal knob), precisely for that reason. Too late to get a backup once these razors are discovered by the mainstream.

I had one (plastic knobbed) but found it too light (weight wise) for me. I sold it through EBay to a soldier serving overseas.

Be happy ... look at what happened to vintage Gillette prices.

Exactly. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :001_smile

I am in the process of completing my collection of every Krona variation made. I only lack two and have just been biding time to get them for a good price. IMO, I can tell no difference in the shaves among any of them. They all shave great.

Their simplicity shames Gillette. Whoever designed it was a genius IMO. They simply stripped away all that was not needed to be a perfect TTO DE. Someone in the past posted photos of a Krona ADJUSTABLE they stumbled into. It was exactly like the patent drawings for one and most likely was a tool room prototype. If Schick had made that initially Gillette would be making hair dryers today in China!!:lol:

Last edited:
$uploadfromtaptalk1413990151379.jpg

Loving mine! Picked this up on the weekend for $8, used it every day since!

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414032102926.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414032102926.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 96
I am in the process of completing my collection of every Krona variation made. I only lack two and have just been biding time to get them for a good price...

Boge - how many different models of the Krona do you know of? TIA

@Fenris - I recently found one just like yours - waiting until end of OCtober to try it out... Really nice pic!

Top Bottom