What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2017

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I put a bottle of gin in my cart the other day with tonic water and lime/lemon juice. Didn't pull the trigger.
Too many bottles of Elijah Craig 12 year on the shelf!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pier 1 had sets of 6 different beer glasses clearanced at $5.19. I bought two boxes. Now I have to figure out what beer goes in which glass (I've never been picky with beer). Also got a six pack of Guinness Extra Stout in bottles. I wanted Mackeson Triple Stout (haven't had it since I moved to Texas in 92), but they didn't have it.

IMG_4364.JPG

martym

I must be a heathen because I have only drank beer from a bottle or can at home.
The only times it has ever been in a glass is when I have bought it on tap at a restaurant and that ain't been often in my lifetime.
You know the old saying, "You put a dress on a pig....."

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Beer from the bottle is ok but the flavour can be different.
I enjoy my beer both out of the bottle if drinking outside with mates around but if it's just one or two beers then I use a glass every time.
Cans.....hmm, they are not something I have not drunk out of in many years and actively avoid.

The shape of the glass has a lot to do with how it delivers the beer to your taste buds and the aromas to your nose.
The other important thing is temperature. Too cold and you dull the taste .......good for some beers.

martym

Beer from the bottle is ok but the flavour can be different.
I enjoy my beer both out of the bottle if drinking outside with mates around but if it's just one or two beers then I use a glass every time.
Cans.....hmm, they are not something I have not drunk out of in many years and actively avoid.

The shape of the glass has a lot to do with how it delivers the beer to your taste buds and the aromas to your nose.
The other important thing is temperature. Too cold and you dull the taste .......good for some beers.

You are so lucky you don't live here in South Texas (occupied Northern Mexico)!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Old pic, but I picked up another bottle of 2013 Due Mari Primitivo. I may start buying by the case.

wine.JPG

I picked up a couple things yesterday. I got the EW BiB for mixing and the Four Roses Small Batch for sipping. I hadn't had the pleasure of either, though I have had EW black label. I opened the FR last night and it's tasty stuff. I'm usually a Maker's Mark guy but I'm trying to branch out.
proxy.php

Been building the collection for the last 8 months since I started working as a sales rep for a wine and spirits distributor, but here is my set up and a picture of a couple of my favorites.

IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

Top Bottom