What's new

the Rocnel Sailor thread

20240312_113011.jpeg

Excellent shave with the ⚓ on setting # II.5 and II. 🤩

I'm well aware of the fact that just like with razors such as Merkur Progress and HLS Taiga, the top cap must be placed in a certain way in order to work properly, but that has nothing to do with my issues. The slight uneven blade exposure comes from the top cap and I know that, because I placed the blade in the top cap without putting it into the razor and the uneven exposure is pretty much the same.

I gave the razor to a friend of mine for a while, because he was very curious about Rocnel razors and how they shave and he was thinking about getting one in the near future. He said that he couldn't fit the DE blades into the top cap, because for whatever reason one of the posts was too big and he had to force it in. I've never experienced that issue myself and I've used my Hybrid with at least 5 different Nacet blades, since that's all I use now and I asked him to try with other blades like Nacet and he said he did and the results were the same and he was so frustrated that he decided not to use the razor and in his mind, that $400 razor isn't even worth $40. I don't think he's lying, because I know him for a long time and he gains nothing from that, but it still feels odd.

I've contacted Murat a while ago explaining the situation and asking for a new top cap and he said that the top caps are made for every specific razor individually and there's no way of getting a replacement, since it will probably cause even more issues. I really don't know what to do, but needless to say I'm very dissapointed.
Wow

I have the hybrid and the 2022 sailor, both very nice shavers for me. Anyway I prefer the 2022 one.
Not sure yet to try or not the new TI version.
Do you prefer the 2022 because the hybrid probably feels a little on the light side?

I opted to get the 2024 stainless steel as it's basically the same great design as the 2022.

Do you prefer the 2022 because the hybrid probably feels a little on the light side?

I opted to get the 2024 stainless steel as it's basically the same great design as the 2022.
2022 feel more balanced, more "one piece" for me.
I also like the square cap more.

Top Bottom