What's new

The Pen Review PIFaroo

so, the new 823 has made my Twsbi VAC 700 obsolete, they have a lot of similarities but the 823 does everything the TWSBI does better then the TWSBI does it. a nice pen the VAC is non the less so I am going to give you a chance to win it. One thing to keep in mind is the wrench that usually comes with the pen, will not be with the pen, but the case, spare parts and such will.

so how do you win it ? well i will put anyone who does a pen review this month into a hat, for every review you do for a pen not already in the list i will give you one entry, the more reviews the more chance of winning. whether it's a new pen or a vintage pen doesn't matter.

you could talk about the nib, the fit and finish, the comfort in hand, let us know what you think add some pictures and help us build our review section up.

this will run until midnight on the last of the month and I'll draw a winner from a hat.

good luck guys and i can't wait to see all the nice pens

Last edited:
Thanx, syn. Sounds fun. Why exactly are you keeping the wrench For? Do you have another secret use for it that we're not aware of?

so, the new 823 has made my Twsbi VAC 700 obsolete, they have a lot of similarities but the 823 does everything the TWSBI does better then the TWSBI does it. a nice pen the VAC is non the less so I am going to give you a chance to win it. One thing to keep in mind is the wrench that usually comes with the pen, will not be with the pen, but the case, spare parts and such will.

so how do you win it ? well i will put anyone who does a pen review this month into a hat, for every review you do for a pen not already in the list i will give you one entry, the more reviews the more chance of winning. whether it's a new pen or a vintage pen doesn't matter.

you could talk about the nib, the fit and finish, the comfort in hand, let us know what you think add some pictures and help us build our review section up.

this will run until midnight on the last of the month and I'll draw a winner from a hat.

good luck guys and i can't wait to see all the nice pens

What size is the nib

lol both my custom heritage 92, and 823 use the wrench... oh forgot to mention, it's a medium nib

I think I have most of what I have covered with a review :tongue_sm

This is a great initiative to biff up the NIB wiki section! :thumbup:

make a new thread just like normal, you can link them here but ill see them anyway so linking here isnt a must

We all start somewhere Dave258 kind of got things going a while back with his Bronze age one. That inspired all my reviews that followed. thanks for adding to the list John

3 pens in one day... that has to be a record way to go guys, and me, i have one more pen to do this month (it in its way) plus some ink to do as well, but I'm glad to see some pens get in.

I upped it to 3 with my Dolcevita review. I may even do another review or two

I really appreciate your generosity with the PIF. I think your offer is a great way to generate some buzz here in the Nib.

However, if I win, I don't want you to send it to me, just put up the pen for a PIF for a newbie, as I have way too many pens as it is.

well If you win how about i put it in the Sue Auction on your behalf when it comes up later this year with a notepad and a bottle of ink. Or something alomg those lines

Great review btw, ill get it into the stickies as soon as I get enough energy to get off the couch lol
Or unless Doug beats me to it

well If you win how about i put it in the Sue Auction on your behalf when it comes up later this year with a notepad and a bottle of ink. Or something alomg those lines

Great review btw, ill get it into the stickies as soon as I get enough energy to get off the couch lol
Or unless Doug beats me to it

That would be a fine thing:thumbup1: As much as I would like to play around with another pen, it just didn't seem right for me to put in for another pen, when I have more than enough already. I liked the idea of adding reviews for our forum and wanted to contribute, but felt it would be more appropriate to pass along my chance to someone who would not have a chance otherwise. However, if my contribution benefits the Saint Sue fund, that would be wonderful as well.
You're a class act Jut! Man I love B&B no matter how much my wife may hate it.
Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom