What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

Not active on the fora but after shaving with a Muhle brush, quality soaps and AS's and a Muhle R41 (the very aggressive version) i shaved with the R89 again today. I started out with a R89. Almost BBS, not completely. After a while my technique allowed me to try the R41. BBS! Now, after a long time i picked up a R89 and BBS in 2 passes (usually do 3 passes regardless). I have come so far i can probably shave with about any blade now, from very mild to very aggressive. Wanting to buy a backup R89 i decided to hit the fora to see if it's still the mild R89 in production today, and to my joy i saw this post. I logged in after a long time just to post here. I'm not very active here anymore but i still enjoy wetshaving and now finally enjoy the savings, after spending a boatload on equipment. It's great to see wetshaving getting some serious attention, commercials might even be better. As long as it doesn't tip the scale and become super-commercial i think this can only help spreading wetshaving and SE's, DE's and open razors.

Eezee, we all know and love Mantic, he is a member here and has been posting in this thread, even shared that video with us a page back, most of us are big fans of his, say hello cause if he is still keeping an eye on the thread he will say hello back

BTW welcome to badger and blade eezee

Its funny because the commercial was on recently... late at night and its what got me searching online for a DE razor for the first time, very recently. That lead to my first Gillete Flare tip, which lead to me finding this awesome Forum, which lead me to youtube where I learned from Mantic on the art of shaving...which lead me to my current obsession with DE razors.... things always happen for a reason... its a good thing! :)

Wow your in deep lol if you have any pen questions feel free to PM me or start a thread in the nib.. we are always here to help

I bought this razor. I totally did. And...I'm never going back to cartridges. Ever. Nicest shave ever (despite how mad I may be that I bought an ASOTV product...lol)...

I also just asked my Dad if he knew where my Grandpa Ray's (man spent 14 days in a lifeboat...Merhcant Marine, he was...) original DE safety razor was. It was in a stunning case...sorry to tease, but if he knows where it is, it's mine. :) lol

Also: Dollar General Market and Dollar General are the same company, same blades. They're located about 20 miles from me, near Nashville. And yes, they go way to Chinese in the name of profit. We used to pick DG over Wm for 'Made in USA'. Neither pick those anymore.

Welcome to B&B asfastasitgets... lol what do we officially call you

Glad your having fun... if they find grandads razor be sure to post a picture of it, we love pictures

Saw that ad for the first time today and thought it was great, he brought up some good points. Maybe more folks will step up and try it, realizing the practicality he referenced.

The Ri-Mei razor (I paid $2.25 including shipping) is a fantastic cheap razor. I wonder if this razor is any better than that.

The Ri-Mei razor (I paid $2.25 including shipping) is a fantastic cheap razor. I wonder if this razor is any better than that.
I am wondering who pays the postman for dropping a "$2.25 razor including shipping from China" in a not Chinese mailbox.

I am wondering who pays the postman for dropping a "$2.25 razor including shipping from China" in a not Chinese mailbox.

Yes, it's hard to believe you can even mail an empty envelope from China (Hong Kong, to be precise) to the USA for $2.25.

The One Razor ad is what got me looking into safety razors too. After looking into different razors, mostly here on B&B, I ended up going with a Merkur 34c. But glad I saw the commercial. It put me on the right road.

And we are glad to have you CMJ... my first DE was a HD as well I still bust it out from time to time

Well, believe it or not, that commercial is the reason I'm here. It reminded me of watching my dad shave with a DE and me first learning on one until I got my first electric soon after. Now that I'm retired and have some more time on my hands that commercial got me to thinking. No, I didn't order one. I'm an original type guy, so I started searching eBay and found this site. My Fat boy arrives in the mail today and I purchased a Slim and some brushes and other items here on this site. So after 35 or so years I will be learning to shave all over again!

Same for me. I saw the commercial and immediately thought about learning to shave with my Dad. I used to pretend to shave with his safety razor so I ordered one. I got it and used it immediately. After I cut the crap out of myself I started doing some research, watching videos and reading articles on here. I'm doing better now but I'm really getting into it now and am trying to learn more. I ordered an Edwin Jagger DE89 and after I get good at that I want to learn to use a straight razor.

I'm pretty sure the microtouch one is going to be bringing more traffic here, just like it did us.

Same for me. I saw the commercial and immediately thought about learning to shave with my Dad. I used to pretend to shave with his safety razor so I ordered one. I got it and used it immediately. After I cut the crap out of myself I started doing some research, watching videos and reading articles on here. I'm doing better now but I'm really getting into it now and am trying to learn more. I ordered an Edwin Jagger DE89 and after I get good at that I want to learn to use a straight razor.

I'm pretty sure the microtouch one is going to be bringing more traffic here, just like it did us.
welcome to B&B Tallen, glad to see your off to a great start and having fun too. glad you found us from that commercial, and no worries mate, a proper good shave is just around the corner for sure

Top Bottom