What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

Welcome to badger and blade, glad you found us... have you said hello in the newbie and shave clinic area yet ?, you can ask a lot of questions there and lots of guys will help

even if you dont, I hope you have some fun with us

There are Uniform Commercial Code rules stating that if you cannot ship the product within the timeframe you promised, you have to contact the customer and offer them the choice of backing out or agreeing to a new shipping timeframe.

It just arrived. Dorco blades. No manufacturing markings on the razor ("Made in China" on the back of the case). It does remind me of a Weishi. There is actually some heft and balance to it. There's a small "getting started" pamphlet with it. More to come this evening I hope...
$YDJUckg.jpg

At least they recommend shave in the shower and how to wet your whiskers and use a moisturizing lather. Or at least that what I think I read, but it's small LOL. Is there something about blade angle and pressure somewhere in the instructions? Interested in how you like it and your thoughts.

At least they recommend shave in the shower and how to wet your whiskers and use a moisturizing lather. Or at least that what I think I read, but it's small LOL. Is there something about blade angle and pressure somewhere in the instructions? Interested in how you like it and your thoughts.

Here is a scan of the instruction pamphlet that came with it:
proxy.php

I have to say that I think it's better than I thought it would be. Good presentation and they tried to give decent instructions. Other than not mentioning pressure, I think they did a pretty good job.

Lol looking at those instructions I think some people did some research on our forums before they decided to write that thing

I ordered a Microtouch from "One Razor" after seeing the Rick Harris commercial and $32 and 6 weeks later I received a $5.00 razor. If you think the multi-cartridge razor companies are gouging customers, buy one of these from "One Razor". The shipping alone was $13. Oh and the good part... the exact razor with the exact case sells here on ebay for $2.51 delivered. It comes from China and will take a lot less then 6 weeks to get it. With that said, it seems to shave fine, just not $32 fine. Caveat Emptor.. but thanks Rick Harris for spreading the word.

OK, I've had a few shaves with the Micro Touch One. These are my initial thoughts. A much more thorough review and video will be coming soon on Sharpologist.

tl;dr– Overall, not a bad razor kit, but over-priced for what you get. The razor is apparently engineered to be exceedingly mild. Dorco blades are acceptable (to me anyway, Your Mileage May Vary). The little instruction pamphlet that came with it is surprisingly complete (though it omits anything about the importance of the lack of pressure on the razor while shaving).

On first inspection, the Micro Touch One certainly looks like a Weishi
proxy.php
brand razor. However, my Weishi (an early model from around 2006) is a bit heavier, 63 grams vs. 56 grams for the Micro Touch One. And it…”felt” different in my hand–the balance is not the same. I can’t describe it any better. I'm guessing it's OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Weishi but I say so with only about 90% confidence--a “Weishi clone” is certainly possible (I’ve seen it happen before with another brand: manufacturing in the Far East isn’t exactly known for its business ethics).

Anyway, loading one of the included Dorco blades showed the razor head to set the blade symmetrically but with very little blade exposure. I was pretty sure that this was going to be a mild shaver before I even used it. The twist-to-open (TTO) mechanism operated smoothly and held the blade in place firmly.

For my first shave with it I intentionally over-prepped my face and used a shave cream I knew worked well with me and whose characteristics I understood. The Dorco blade felt a bit harsh on the first few strokes but settled down for the balance of the shave. I was correct in my visual observation: this is a very mild shaver. It took a little more effort that the other razors I normally use, but I was actually able to get a pretty decent shave out of it.

My initial opinion is if you bought a One Touch Micro razor on an impulse from the TV commercial, you probably paid too much for what you received, and I don’t know how it’s going to hold up in the long run (personally, I doubt it will become an heirloom passed down to your children), but I think it is an acceptable entry into “old school” DE shaving. That said, there are definitely better alternatives in terms of value and quality.

OK, I've had a few shaves with the Micro Touch One. These are my initial thoughts. A much more thorough review and video will be coming soon on Sharpologist.

tl;dr– Overall, not a bad razor kit, but over-priced for what you get. The razor is apparently engineered to be exceedingly mild. Dorco blades are acceptable (to me anyway, Your Mileage May Vary). The little instruction pamphlet that came with it is surprisingly complete (though it omits anything about the importance of the lack of pressure on the razor while shaving).

On first inspection, the Micro Touch One certainly looks like a Weishi
proxy.php
brand razor. However, my Weishi (an early model from around 2006) is a bit heavier, 63 grams vs. 56 grams for the Micro Touch One. And it…”felt” different in my hand–the balance is not the same. I can’t describe it any better. I'm guessing it's OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Weishi but I say so with only about 90% confidence--a “Weishi clone” is certainly possible (I’ve seen it happen before with another brand: manufacturing in the Far East isn’t exactly known for its business ethics).

Anyway, loading one of the included Dorco blades showed the razor head to set the blade symmetrically but with very little blade exposure. I was pretty sure that this was going to be a mild shaver before I even used it. The twist-to-open (TTO) mechanism operated smoothly and held the blade in place firmly.

For my first shave with it I intentionally over-prepped my face and used a shave cream I knew worked well with me and whose characteristics I understood. The Dorco blade felt a bit harsh on the first few strokes but settled down for the balance of the shave. I was correct in my visual observation: this is a very mild shaver. It took a little more effort that the other razors I normally use, but I was actually able to get a pretty decent shave out of it.

My initial opinion is if you bought a One Touch Micro razor on an impulse from the TV commercial, you probably paid too much for what you received, and I don’t know how it’s going to hold up in the long run (personally, I doubt it will become an heirloom passed down to your children), but I think it is an acceptable entry into “old school” DE shaving. That said, there are definitely better alternatives in terms of value and quality.
Great analyzes and insight. Mark is it brass or cheap crappy metal?

[ By the way post the review on Bodybuilding.com , many users are curious about this razor too]

My wife and I were watching Pawn Stars last night. I mentioned that Rick has a commercial hawking a DE razor. Then I noticed Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison's face. He apparently has a lot of redness on his jawline. I said to my wife that Corey needs to take some advice from his dad and start wet shaving.

This ad is what first peaked my interest in safety razors. It came on late one night (or early on morning...) and got my wheels turning. The more I researched the more i was intrigued. I don't see myself ever going back to cartridges.

Here is my full review plus a how-to-shave with it guide, on HD video:

HERE is a secondary video at blip.tv for the youtube-impaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my full review plus a how-to-shave with it guide, on HD video:

HERE is a secondary video at blip.tv for the youtube-impaired.

Extremely well done. For those who bought this razor (or for any first-time DE user) this video could be the difference between becoming a lifelong convert, or simply abandoning the method due to some really bad shaves.

Nice music, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom