What's new

The most manly smelling cologne?

S

sullivanpm

:thumbup: .....either that or Breakfree......

or shooters choice, Mil-comm 25 what ever work.

My wife hates the smell of Hoppes. She won't let me in the house after a day at the range and the subsequent cleaning.

M

modern man

Step one. Pump gas (spill a little bit)
Step Two. Play a game of football
Step Three. Drink lots of beer
Step Four. Smoke a cigar or two
Step Five. Spalsh on Aqua Velva

Don't take a shower, when you wake up the next day you should be good to go.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Step one. Pump gas (spill a little bit)
Step Two. Play a game of football
Step Three. Drink lots of beer
Step Four. Smoke a cigar or two
Step Five. Spalsh on Aqua Velva

Don't take a shower, when you wake up the next day you should be good to go.

Skip all that ... get up, take a quick dip in a lake, shave, splash the Aqua Velva, tend an open campfire for at least half an hour, fry bacon and eggs on the fire. You man now.

During my recent travels to Mexico, I caught a whiff of Guerlain Vetiver...whoa baby!...the next time I'm in a duty-free shop I may have to make a purchase.

Think about scents that you can't imagine a woman wearing. Can you imagine a woman wearing Blenheim Bouquet? Or how about Brut? Certainly not Tabac.

If you don't have a woman in your life, wear what you like and be confident. If you do, go with her and see what she likes on you and wear that.

I tend to buy cologne I like. My wife isn't always around, and I wear what she doesn't like when she's away; I wear what she likes when she's around. That way we're both happy.

In nature musk is a quite masculine smell, it is a sex pheremone secreted by males. Human males of most races secret alot of their own version of this through their apocrine sweat glands, though it doesn't smell as potent as the version of other species.

For most masculine fragrances/cologens, I'd say something like Bod Ripped Abs or Orange County Choppers Full Throttle Paul Sr. (a mouthful); no yin energy to be found, no feminine side to that stuff, and I could never imagine women wearing it. Both colognes are pretty good, they are just a bit monodimensional and assertive, heavy in leather and black pepper.

Old Spice is masculine, but it's the friendly sort of masculine since it has vanilla/tonka in it.

Brut, Canoe, and Tabac all have a heavy floral component to them. Of the three I'd say Brut is the most masculine to people sight unseen, and Canoe is the least so... all of them walk the line of having very soft undertones. Maybe more James Bond and less Arnold Schwarzenegger. My brother, on a blind smelling, though Canoe was a woman's perfume.

English Leather is unusual smelling... it smells like English nasal snuff to me. I smell sandalwood or frankincense in there somewhere. It is less floral and more woody, but doesn't come across as being assertively masculine.

I submit KNIZE TEN as the most masculine and at the same time sophisticated of men's colognes. It speaks of masculinity, class, assuredness and sensuality.

Arne -- I saw Knize Ten on the web yesterday, and almost bought a bottle. Can you elaborate more on what it's like? Rather pricey, but I'm always looking for something that doesn't smell like everybody out there and it has a history. Thx.

Top Bottom