What's new

The MMA Thread

Thiago alves will move down to 155 and take on Al Iaquinta at ufc 205. That should also be a good match.

this is the madison square garden card.

I just read on sherdog that conor may fight alvarez for the LW title and the negotiaions are at a halt because conor wants to keep the FW title.

and a rumored fight at 205, romero vs weidman. I dislike both, so i dont care who wins here.

Dana already said that if Connor doesn't go back to 145 for this next fight he will be forced to vacate it. I wholeheartedly agree with that. He's holding 145 hostage while he has his fun. Let him win the 155 belt and recapture his 145 and do so in a time frame where real contenders don't have to wait years for the next chance at the belt. As for the match up with Eddie, that's a tough fight. Eddie is very durable, crafty, and skilled in all areas. He's also been performing at a higher level for longer than Connor.

Stoolgate soured Romero for me, pretty much forever. It's true it was the ref's responsibility to enforce the rules, the fact that Romero broke them so blatantly and multiple times put him solidly in the "cheater" camp for me. He's an incredible athlete. I still remember the end of the first round of the Machida fight, where all the sudden he poured it on and Machida looked actually shaken when they broke up. Weidman is pretty bland. A great fighter, but he makes it difficult to stay on the edge of my seat waiting to see what he does next. Personally, I hope he wins.

1st paragraph. I agree. But dana had said that he was gonna defend after the first nate fight, and he didnt. So yeah, his words dint mean much.

2nd paragraph. I think it's unanimous here that romero is very much disliked in this thread. But i'm still a little bitter about weidman beating silva twice. So i root against him. Hopefully a double KO

Watched the first two episodes of the new TUF. It's not bad. I actually have a couple of guys in the house that I'm interested in. Apathy towards the contestants has been my overall feeling for most of the seasons for a long time, but this season has started off fairly well.

Yessir. Cejudo seems slightly dickish to me. I'm looking forward to seeing them fight as well. Cejudo got smashed by DJ, and Joseph lost a decision to him, so MMA math says that Joe is better. MMA math is garbage, though, hahaha. I think it'd make a good match up. Joseph has 4 losses, all to either DJ or Cruz. Kind of hard to count losses to those guys against a person. That's like losing to Bones Jones, or Fedor in his prime.

I just watched the zulu/hiro episode. And it was joe b that came off a bit like a d-bag. At least to me he did.

hiro looks like he should be sakurabas son!

Last edited:
Sakuraba is probably my favorite fighter ever. It was his fight in Pride vs. Carlos Newton that really turned me into a fan of grappling. Hiro looked pretty good. Zulu landed a real good shot on him, though. He'll have to be more careful later in the tournament.

That's completely awesome. I have a cheap one I got off of Cafepress. Not anywhere near as cool as yours, though. Got it when I was really fat. Now I'm just moderately fat, so it's a night shirt, hahaha.

$DSCF2440.jpg

I really want to get one of his orange walkout shirts from Pride.

Top Bottom