What's new

The MMA Thread

and how great was it to see big nog submit herman for so many reasons. coming back after a plate in his arm, in his home country, against a guy that said bjj doesnt work on him. that was awesome.

Nog didn't look like his old shelf. I thought Fitch putting the grind on Silva was awesome to see. That kid is very cocky but Fitch worked him.

The main event up next.

Dana talking about Jones v. Silva, "I will fly down here, I will lock myself in a room with Jorge (Guimaraes), Ed Soares and (Anderson Silva) and I will make this fight,” and “I know this, the Georges St-Pierre/(Anderson Silva) fight is a big fight. I think the Jon Jones fight is a big fight. And I know my man says, ‘no, no, no,’ but the amount of money that would be offered for that fight, I guarantee you, I will make Anderson Silva say, ‘yes, yes, yes’,”

Dana talking about Jones v. Silva, "I will fly down here, I will lock myself in a room with Jorge (Guimaraes), Ed Soares and (Anderson Silva) and I will make this fight,” and “I know this, the Georges St-Pierre/(Anderson Silva) fight is a big fight. I think the Jon Jones fight is a big fight. And I know my man says, ‘no, no, no,’ but the amount of money that would be offered for that fight, I guarantee you, I will make Anderson Silva say, ‘yes, yes, yes’,”

yea, then later when Anderson was talking about the Taekwondo Olympics and contract negotiations, Dana figured out his other "incentive" to getting the superfight between silva/bones.

What a waste of one of Silva's last fights. Not that I wouldn't pay to watch him fight absolutely anyone, because I would. But nonetheless I think he needs to take a superfight with one of two people who I think stand a chance of giving him a challenge: Bones and Texiera. Of course...the Texiera fight isn't gonna happen...even LHWs have been ducking him. By the time he puts together enough wins to where Dana White has to start forcing his fighters to fight him....Anderson will be long gone. I wanna see him fight Bones. No interest in seeing him fight GSP anymore. Though I think GSP could get lucky and lay and pray his way to a decision per usual if he managed to not get KO'd before he could smash that trusty double leg.

Jones v Silva? I'd watch that. I just don't think it's going to happen. Silva is still doing amazing things, but he's not a young man any more. I don't know if there' s enough time left to make all that money seem worth the risk. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this fight is going to get made.

Jones v Silva? I'd watch that. I just don't think it's going to happen. Silva is still doing amazing things, but he's not a young man any more. I don't know if there' s enough time left to make all that money seem worth the risk. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this fight is going to get made.
I have the same feeling.
Silva has everything to loose & not much to gain from such a fight & Bones has proven himself to be a cautious man..

Silvas performance was amazing. Like Rogan said, world class light heavyweight fighters has over the years rained bombs & punishment over Bonnar without him ever getting knocked out.
But Silva only needed one carefully placed knee to knock Bonnar out. Amazing

I have the same feeling.
Silva has everything to loose & not much to gain from such a fight & Bones has proven himself to be a cautious man..

Silvas performance was amazing. Like Rogan said, world class light heavyweight fighters has over the years rained bombs & punishment over Bonnar without him ever getting knocked out.
But Silva only needed one carefully placed knee to knock Bonnar out. Amazing

I have always been a fan of the bodyshot TKO. CroCop had an epic one on...Heath Herring I believe? And then Overeem knocked the relevancy out of Brock Lesnar with one. I love watching the old PRIDE fights because Bas Rutten was always so darn stoked whenever anyone landed a good bodyshot. Whenever I see one I automatically hear him saying "Bang! Left to da leever!"

according to Dana, Bones next fight will be the winner of Shogun/Gustafson, which surprised me I was expecting Bones to fight the winner of Machida/Hendo.

according to Dana, Bones next fight will be the winner of Shogun/Gustafson, which surprised me I was expecting Bones to fight the winner of Machida/Hendo.

Really?? Man...that's not good. I don't wanna see Shogun get battered again. :crying: Not sure how to feel about this. I am a huge Shogun fan...and therefore I want him to beat Gustafson, but I sure as heck couldn't stomach seeing him get owned by Bones again. Ugh. Hendo/Jones for God's sake. It's the only fight that makes sense until Texiera has a few more wins.

Top Bottom