What's new

The Mirror... Fog... and how to not have it....

The real trick to keeping fog out and off the mirror is air exchange. Turn on the fan, or open the window, or even shower with the door open.

I keep the fan on in the bathroom with the door open or cracked. Airflow helps, but it does make it a bit cooler in the room...The votive candles sound like a good idea, have to try that one.

I found a method that works perfectly.

What I did was to get some tabac on a squeezed dry brush, then painting it over the square I wanted to be fog-free. I left it till the next day, then came in and wiped it down with a dry cloth to get rid of the soapy film. Since then it's been fog-free (~2-3 weeks now).

I'm sure someone elsewhere mentioned this but the secret is . . . washing up liquid. One small amount, applied to a cloth and wiped over the mirror every 2-3 days seems to do the trick for me.

This one only works for straight razor shavers:
While shaving, wipe the lather off the razor onto a length of tissue paper (I use toilet paper). After the shave, roll the paper up into a sort of sausage with the lather inside.
Leave that to dry until the next shave and use the sausage to wipe the fog off the mirror. The paper dries the mirror and is impregnated with soap. Which prevents new fog from forming.
Greetings
oskar

Oskar, I would love to know how you arrived at this solution to the problem. :001_smile

sorry to bring up an old thread but... I use anti-fog for goggles. Paintball and diving supply places sell it, its amazing it can be the steamiest shower and the mirror stays 100% clear.

I don't use any treatment on the mirror. I just turn on the fart fan when I'm in the shower. It's there for the very purpose of preventing excess humidity from building up.

Top Bottom