What's new

The "lowjax finally got off his butt" PIF

The time has come. It's time for me to get off my butt and get another PIF out there. I thought about doing another growing PIF like my last one, but figured I'd just throw everything out there at once. Be sure to read the entire post before posting on the thread here.

Here is what you get:

Razors, Blades, & Brush:
1974 U1 Gillette Super Adjustable (Super-84)
1928-1935 Valet Auto Strop VC2 (Million Dollar Razor)
5 Pack of Red Personnas
10 Pack Sampler
5 Pack of Japanese Feathers for the Valet Auto Strop (Spineless)
Omega B&B Smoke Handle Blonde Boar - Used about 20 times

Soaps & Creams:
Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp - 5 oz Tub (Used twice)
Pre de Provence - 2.5 oz Tube (Used twice)
Mike's Natural Bay Rum Soap - 5 oz (Never used)
Wrisley Lavender Soap w/Bowl - 1.5 oz (bought in an antique store, not much scent left)
Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shave Soap - 1 oz Sample (makes my face too dry)

After/Post Shave:
Old Spice Classic After Shave - 6.37 oz (Never Used)
HoneyBee Gardens Sandalwood - 4 oz (Used a couple times)
Burt's Bees Aftershave Balm - 2.5 oz (Never Used)
Thayers Original Witch Hazel - 12 oz (Used twice)

Cologne:
Avon Musk Fire -3.4 oz (Used a couple times)
8 ml samples of:
Gendarme 20
Provence Sante Lavande
Santa Maria Novella Lavanda Ambrata
Atkinson's English Lavender
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche

So... That's it. I think.

I have found that cologne gives me a headache. Other than that and the T&H, most of this is pretty good stuff that I like, I just wanted someone else to enjoy it as well.

The RULES:

1. You must be a member of one of the following 3 groups:

1 - Veteran or Active Duty (Must have the badge)
2 - Member of the Shave Sabbatical 2013 Insanity (Must still be active and still on the list)
3 - Contributor to the site (Must have the badge)

2. If you are not a member of one of the 3 groups above, then you must either join the military or contribute to the site before the PIF ends as it is too late to join the 2013 Sabbatical
3. If you meet the above criteria, and you are interested in the PIF, then to enter, you must find the hidden banana in the post above.
4. If you stopped above and started hunting for the banana, then you are out.
5. If you got mad at the line above because you didn't keep reading, then you are not out.
6. If you still want to be in, knowing there is no banana in the post above, then simply post: "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" AND either tell me why you should win, post something in this thread that you think I will enjoy, or send me a PM requesting my address and send me a postcard from somewhere fun.
7. Because of the Alcohol that will be shipped, I cannot send overseas unless it is to a military address.
8. I like making lists.
9. When this PIF is done, I will decide the winner. It may be random. It may be the reason someone posts on why they should win. It may be because of what you posted in the thread. It may be that I happen to pick my nose at the same time I am reading your post. Who knows.
10. It will end when the interest has waned. It may be 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month. Who knows.

So....

That's it.

GO!!!

Last edited:
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

I think I should win because I have never won anything!!!!!

Really, I have never won any
contest, PIF,anything that I have entered in the 57 years I've been alive on this Earth. My luck has to change some time????????????

Why not this time? PLEASE!!!

Great PIF by the way.

Evan
:biggrin1:

Holy moley! That's not a PIF, that's a shave den to-go! What a great way to keep the tradition alive, Jeff! MAJOR kudos to you, sir!
:a50::a50::clap::a14::clap::a14::clap::a14::clap::a50::a50:

(Not in, BTW, but whoever gets this is going to be one HAPPY camper!)

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

I should win because I found a banana after looking at the picture above. And I ate it!

Thanks for an incredible PIF!

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Awesome PIF mate, very generous indeed.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 567
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

i should win because I'm from Delaware and every time I see a post with DE in the title I get very excited thinking someone has started a thread about my home state only to remember they are talking about a type of razor. That's a lot of disappointment to have to deal with. I'm not making this up. It's completely true.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

I should win because I'm going to do all three:
1. Post why I should win-because I'm still in denial about my hoarding and I need more stuff; eventually, I'll just PIF all this if I win.
2. Post something you will enjoy-I loved my deployment and the Soldiers I served with.
3. Send you a PM for your address and send you a postcard from an interesting place-Atlanta's not the most interesting place I've been but it definitely has its interesting spots

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

I should win because:
1. I want to try more stuff. I'm newish, one soap and some samples from Mike's and 1 tube of KMF cream is all I've tried.
2. I have no luck finding anything in local second hand stores. Probably because I've got 2 young kids and very little time to look; and again because of the kids, no money to spend anyway.
3. I want to have enough stuff to run my own PIF and I can't wear colognes without causing immediate family a migraine so I'll instantly have goods to go around.
4. I want to contribute more here so I'll write some reviews from a newbie standpoint.
5. If the above is the reason you pick me then I'll write a review for each item I don't PIF along, AND let you choose if it's one big post or one post per item.
6. I too like making lists.
7. I have a boxed stick of Irisch Moos that I will PIF if I win. I THINK it will give my wife a migraine, but it's the only soap I've got other than a tin of Mike's peppermint and rosemary so I can't bring myself to just pass up the chance to use it. It's IM for crying out loud.
8. I have contributed to the site.
9. I laughed at number 4 on your list and woke up my daughter.
10. Because of above point I don't have time to think of a tenth.

In any event, you are a very generous person and I thank you for the opportunity.

"Gimme, Gimme, Gimme"

How about a haiku, just for you?

Lowjax makes his lists
His P.I.F. is awesome
Karma rejoices

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!
I deserve to win because I posted the first great travel spot in your other very generous PIF! I'll be watching that one for vacation ideas.
Thanks for both your great PIFs.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!!

I think I should win because after all these years I continue to root for the Brewers!

...and I really want a Super Adjustable...

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

I should win because I am a noob to DE shaving! Very generous PIF and thank you for the chance.

Top Bottom