What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

Funny you mentioned the device which moves the lower jaw forward a bit. I got the former GF one of those (not the $2000 model) and it worked! Really. But she didn't like wearing it, which I didn't understand, so that was pretty much about it.

200w-9.gif

Funny you mentioned the device which moves the lower jaw forward a bit. I got the former GF one of those (not the $2000 model) and it worked! Really. But she didn't like wearing it, which I didn't understand, so that was pretty much about it.

View attachment 1842462
It did take a bit to get used to and your HAVE to use an am restorer in the morning to reset the lower jaw other wise your can cause damage to the jaw hinge.

View attachment 1842919

And my sweetie sitting on our new couch...yay! Now to keep the cat from destroying it. She is getting older (the cat) so there's some hope.
View attachment 1842921
There you go. You got it! Very smooth writer it is the Lamy 2000. We're you like me amazed how hard it is to even see where the piston unscrews. You can barely see where it is. I find the precision in them be amazing. They are so solid. By far my favorite and best pen.

View attachment 1842932

Our cat didn’t scratch furniture until my Wifey finally bought the chair she always wanted. Now our cat’s why leather, suede, and microfiber are off the new couch list.

Congratulations on the new couch, pen, and GEM blades.
Yeah, I hear you. Before going to bed I'm covering the couch with some throw blankets to try and help her not get into trouble...with me.

There you go. You got it! Very smooth writer it is the Lamy 2000. We're you like me amazed how hard it is to even see where the piston unscrews. You can barely see where it is. I find the precision in them be amazing. They are so solid. By far my favorite and best pen.
Yes it's a great pen and you're right it's hard to see where the converter screws into the barrel. Just finished another journal entry, I really like writing with this pen...and I do seem to be a Lamy lover. I also really like some of the pens by Gravitas but getting them, ordering them, etc seems to be on the sketchy side...as in not sure what'll happen. I've been on a list for a particular pen for months and haven't heard a word.

Yes it's a great pen and you're right it's hard to see where the converter screws into the barrel. Just finished another journal entry, I really like writing with this pen...and I do seem to be a Lamy lover. I also really like some of the pens by Gravitas but getting them, ordering them, etc seems to be on the sketchy side...as in not sure what'll happen. I've been on a list for a particular pen for months and haven't heard a word.
I have heard people talking about Gravitas pens, but I do not own any yet. We will see if I get one one of these days. I have to behave myself ordering fountain pen things right now because I am just 4 weeks away from the pen show. This is one hobby that I share with my dear wife. Now she is not in it as deep as I am with an unhealthy amount of AD. She still enjoys her Franklin-Christophs. I would not be surprised if she gets another at the show. She just pointed out to me that her needlepoint Franklin-Christoph is out of ink this morning. I think that is a hint that I need to clean and fill it for her.

She is getting older (the cat) so there's some
Good save, Haha.

Congrats on the LAMY 2000, that one is on my radar also, as well as the studio. Enjoy.

Edit: in a moment of weakness, and google searching Lamy Studio, the river store had them for just $44.95. A few clicks later and one is headed this way Saturday. I seem to be following in your footsteps Don, we shall see when a LAMY 2000 shows up.

Good save, Haha.

Congrats on the LAMY 2000, that one is on my radar also, as well as the studio. Enjoy.

Edit: in a moment of weakness, and google searching Lamy Studio, the river store had them for just $44.95. A few clicks later and one is headed this way Saturday. I seem to be following in your footsteps Don, we shall see when a LAMY 2000 shows up.
So, you're getting a Studio. Congrats. That's an excellent pen IMHO. Gotta tell ya, I'm really enjoying my Lamys. I didn't start out to have 4 of them but I do now.

Yes, that's good and after looking at them I see they're not shy about asking for the money.👍👍👍
I take it they're very good quality pens.
Yes they are very good pens with many nib choices etc. They have very good support, that is local here in Raleigh since they make them here. The HQ is like 25 min from my house. Now I have to say that it is a good thing that they do not have a store front in town and only see you by appointment. I would get into loads of trouble if they did.

So yesterdays shave with the Shield Predator was still a very good outing but the blade didn't seem to be as willing as the first 5 shaves. So that's where I'm drawing the replacement line is at 5 shaves. Larry, @LRod are you getting more than 5 out of your Gem blades? Still, what a great razor at less than $100 CDN as well. Which makes it almost free in the US...hah. Waiting on the SS DE Shield razor to arrive as well. Got some nibs and inks coming in too. Going to see what the inks do as to my artwork and watercolours are concerned. Could be interesting. Very vibrant colours.
Building the front deck for my wife's daughters house and will be looking into vegetation control/killer. May use poly tarping under the deck to help prevent plants growing. Just have to make sure the ground is sloped away from the house.
While I was out I have to admit sometimes nice weather brings out things you don't really want to see. As in "once you see it, you can't unsee it". Not sure why women and tattoos have gotten to be so very popular. I know the ladies have been adding tats to their frames for quite a while now. The wife has one and it's not a display piece, I have one and it's kinda the "Toyota" of tattoos, a band around my arm just below the shoulder with the Ukrainian Trident in the centre which is pretty much under my sleeve until I try to scare the locals and get a bit of a tan. I know men/women who have a number of tats that refer to their families and friends which is fine and there's some thought behind them.
I'm talking about the full sleeves, chest and neck tattoos, leg tats etc etc. I think a nice tat can be very attractive but these large coverage ones on women just leave me shaking my head and thinking..."Just wait til you start getting older and those things start to look like large bruises". The same goes for the "piercing" addicts...how do you get through airport screening?
Just my age showing I guess, but it still confuses me at times concerning the choices people make. It's like torn jeans...people pay for them. When my jeans were torn, my mom patched them and that was it until they had to be replaced. As I grew older I bought new jeans when the old ones got torn etc. Torn jeans meant they were done...time to buy and break in a new pair.
Enough with my trivial observations. Things are good. I am getting my prostate procedure done on August 8th so I'm looking forward to that and It's shaping up to be a nice summer here. Going to do a lot of cycling and maybe some outdoor sketching etc.
Cheers!

38b88a46-a128-4f64-93bb-0838df5be42b_text.gif

So yesterdays shave with the Shield Predator was still a very good outing but the blade didn't seem to be as willing as the first 5 shaves. So that's where I'm drawing the replacement line is at 5 shaves. Larry, @LRod are you getting more than 5 out of your Gem blades? Still, what a great razor at less than $100 CDN as well. Which makes it almost free in the US...hah. Waiting on the SS DE Shield razor to arrive as well.
I get a max of 5 shaves with a GEM & 3 with DE's. I probably can stretch the DE's more but I like fresh blades. With the GEM it's noticeable if I go over the 5 mark
(I've gone up to 7!)
So yeah, 5!
I'm guessing beard type has something to do with it since I've read people going over 10 shaves with one GEM.

As for the DE Shield, I'm sure you'll like it!
I just received the brass DE today and I'm gonna give it a go this afternoon.
Just handling it, it feels heavier than the stainless one!

This reminds me of a friends father upon meeting his granddaughter’s new boyfriend who was a piercing addict. He had all kinds of piercings all over his face. The old man looked at him and snorted out like old scruffy men can, “Damn boy, looks like you fell into a tackle box!!!” Bahahahha. Now that right there is funny.
It is. And good for him to point out that not everyone thinks a face full of metal clips, hairpins, safety pins, studs or whatever they're adorning themselves with looks even remotely attractive or interesting.. Actually it would be interesting because I'd be wondering Did you lose a bet? How do you sleep? Do they get caught in towels when you dry your face? What kind of damage happens if you got punched in the face? I'd have questions. Lots of questions.

Top Bottom