What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

Plumbing work always makes me nervous.
Well..yeah. It should. Seeing as how most of us are a bit clueless as to how things actually work and why they aren't working the way they used to. Hopefully, the procedure and the doctors will be able to "Plumber" it out. BADABOOM! I'm done for now.

michael-scott-wink.gif

A big thank you to all the guys who've helped enable my foray into fountain pens and inks. Especially Boris @blethenstrom and John @cajunrph
Got my 5 new colours and finished flushing and refilling 4 pens with new colours. It's too much fun...actually makes me want to write letters etc. I have a Lamy 2000 coming which will get the last new colour.
Now I have to figure out who else to write to. Will have to suffice with journaling for the time being. Interesting to have 4 different colours in the same entry though.
When I went to Calgary I took my journal and 4 pens to chronicle my stay. It's really quite nice and comforting to know that fountain pens are still being used and enjoyed.

View attachment 1840860
It is odd how a different color makes you want to write and journal. I need to crank out the poem for my mother and get it there by Mother's Day.

Best of luck with the procedure.

Not sure if you are able to joke about this yet..., but I'm guessing you're gonna be full of **** and vinegar for a while... (small ba-da-boom).

Hope your kidneys do OK for the next few months.
I'm on meds now so there's no problems...I just want to get this done so I don't have to be on meds and get up a couple of times a night. If I'm able to get the PAE done then I have to go off the meds for a couple of months so the arteries can go back to a normal size and the micro spheres can be more easily injected and placed. Which also means I may get a bit more plugged up.
It is what it is...I guess. But I'm determined to get this addressed and get back to a more normal life where I'm not always scoping out where the bathrooms are.

So today I had an appointment with my audiologist. I was getting feedback from my hearing aids when I brought my hand up to my left ear. Nothing on the rightside. I figured it was probably a build up of wax. I use an earplug in my right ear because I sleep on my left side and the love of my life...snores. I don't.
Anyway, I'm there and the audiologist is looking inside the ear and tells me there's no wonder why I'm getting feedback etc because the ear is plugged. Ok then. After letting the wax inside my ear soften with some sort of liquid, it was vacuumed out with no problems. Eww. This has happened in the past so nothing new for me. Now I can hear and no feedback. Yay.
All is good and I'm "Hear" today and "Hear" tomorrow....BADABOOM! I'll show myself out.

0b950c5688a2e18748ba2199bd43fe65.gif

So today I had an appointment with my audiologist. I was getting feedback from my hearing aids when I brought my hand up to my left ear. Nothing on the rightside. I figured it was probably a build up of wax. I use an earplug in my right ear because I sleep on my left side and the love of my life...snores. I don't.
Anyway, I'm there and the audiologist is looking inside the ear and tells me there's no wonder why I'm getting feedback etc because the ear is plugged. Ok then. After letting the wax inside my ear soften with some sort of liquid, it was vacuumed out with no problems. Eww. This has happened in the past so nothing new for me. Now I can hear and no feedback. Yay.
All is good and I'm "Hear" today and "Hear" tomorrow....BADABOOM! I'll show myself out.

View attachment 1842351
That is fantastic news!!

View attachment 1842351
My lovely bride snores as well. I was quite surprised when I first met her how such a little woman could snore like a freaking lumberjack. I have a bag of ear plugs on the side of the bed for those nights she is whacking down a forest.

My lovely bride snores as well. I was quite surprised when I first met her how such a little woman could snore like a freaking lumberjack. I have a bag of ear plugs on the side of the bed for those nights she is whacking down a forest.
Years ago before I met my current wife. She hates that description. I'm reminded of Waylon Jennings reply to his wife Jessi Coulter when she asked him about getting a vasectomy. His reply "Why? My next wife might want kids". Apparently Ms. Coulter never brought the subject up again.
I was going out with a lovely woman who snored like your lumberjack. It was so bad (how bad was it?) we slept in separate beds in SEPARATE rooms. As a matter of fact it was that particular aspect which effectively ended the relationship. And believe me, I tried various things to help her and reduce the racket. Nothing worked. Including us.

Mrs. Scandalous didn't snore, at least not enough to notice, until she was pregnant with our youngest. I had a bag of earplugs next to the bed for the last couple months. Funny thing is I'm known for loud snoring but it doesn't keep her awake.

Fast forward a few years and her snoring got worse again. But she got a CPAP and now we both sleep better.

Top Bottom