What's new

The Handle Thread

Would love to know who sells this handle. Can't find Belarus artisans. Where did you find it?

I may be wrong but the shape looks similar to a Stork handle. They appear to be out of Belarus. I'm not up to date so I'm not sure whether still around but they look to have some nice designs.

Probably sacrilegious to say this, but I find Charcoal Goods' handles to be more attractive than their shaving heads.
This is only in the highly superficial looks department.
Wish they made some of them in SS.

Probably sacrilegious to say this, but I find Charcoal Goods' handles to be more attractive than their shaving heads.
This is only in the highly superficial looks department.
Wish they made some of them in SS.
They do. The "Bishop" is SS, on sale, and in the ready to ship section. They've had limited runs of SS in the past...

They do. The "Bishop" is SS, on sale, and in the ready to ship section. They've had limited runs of SS in the past...

Yeah...I mean I'd like to see handles like the Hammered, Stinger, Magnum etc.
Altho their weight might be too unwieldy.

Now that I'm sitting on one, with no head to match it up with, I wonder what I was smoking. Is lovely though. Just beautiful when I bother to open my drawer to look at it.

Now that I'm sitting on one, with no head to match it up with, I wonder what I was smoking. Is lovely though. Just beautiful when I bother to open my drawer to look at it.
You could always grab an extra Fendrihan head for $16 to put on it...

Smh terrible.

They sell the Blackbird head separately now too lol.
Having not tried the Blackbird, it's hard to know if I'd shell out $150. Not sure if the black oxide would look cool or ridiculous sitting atop the polished copper.

Having not tried the Blackbird, it's hard to know if I'd shell out $150. Not sure if the black oxide would look cool or ridiculous sitting atop the polished copper.
It's a fair point. On the upside, if you don't like it, Shane will take it back and it only cost you shipping one way.

And if it helps, I have a ATT Windsor H with a polished SS top cap and polished copper base plate on a matte Ti TiBam handle... And I think it looks bada**

It's a fair point. On the upside, if you don't like it, Shane will take it back and it only cost you shipping one way.

And if it helps, I have a ATT Windsor H with a polished SS top cap and polished copper base plate on a matte Ti TiBam handle... And I think it looks bada**
I've seen that two-tone ATT and agree it looks awesome. Could try one of my stainless ATT heads on it.

The MR8 and the Fendrihan Mark II handles have the best grip. MR8 is the only handle that gives justice to my aluminum Ikon SBS head, match made in heaven.

Attachments

• 79DF9B29-9CE3-405D-8BF6-1A11F39DDA8E.jpeg
    79DF9B29-9CE3-405D-8BF6-1A11F39DDA8E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 2C1277FB-62BB-4DD3-8005-5FACF1B964DA.jpeg
    2C1277FB-62BB-4DD3-8005-5FACF1B964DA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
The MR8 and the Fendrihan Mark II handles have the best grip. MR8 is the only handle that gives justice to my aluminum Ikon SBS head, match made in heaven.
Looks short and beefy. Is that accurate? I like long and beefy handles. Grip looks nice. I know Maggards makes nice handles at a great price.

Great price, not short, just picture angle. The short version is the MR3.

Most handles also look small with that gigantic SBS head in pictures also.

Forgot to mention that the SBS with the MR8 will give you over a 300 gram shaving experience. I love it. Probably could also be used for self defense if someone breaks into your house.

I'm looking for something with a minimum of 90 grams. There's some that are just the same generic Ali Express zamak heads as all the rest, but with some actually decent looking plated brass or steel handles in attempt to differentiate themselves. Seems like a potential source of cheap but good handles.

Get a Yintal bronze. The handle is solid brass, weighs 80g and is 100mm x 12mm. You may find 80g close enough. The Yintal parts - top cap and base plate - also fit on the Rockwell 6C so you can mix and match. The top cap is solid, looks like brass and weighs 16g to the Rockwell 13g.

I happen to like the Yaqi matte black handle myself. That's 66g, 91 x 12mm

Forgot to mention that the SBS with the MR8 will give you over a 300 gram shaving experience. I love it. Probably could also be used for self defense if someone breaks into your house.
You got me interested. Appears to be almost as long as the Ikon OSS and quite a bit heavier. 148 grams versus 80 for the OSS.

Get a Yintal bronze. The handle is solid brass, weighs 80g and is 100mm x 12mm. You may find 80g close enough. The Yintal parts - top cap and base plate - also fit on the Rockwell 6C so you can mix and match. The top cap is solid, looks like brass and weighs 16g to the Rockwell 13g.

I happen to like the Yaqi matte black handle myself. That's 66g, 91 x 12mm
Is this the Yintal bronze you're referring to? Price is certainly right. Does not appear that one can buy the handle without the head. So what's the razor like? I tend to like very aggressive razors.

Yes, that's the one. The razor is at least medium efficient, not mild. I make it around 0.89mm gap. I know the handle is solid brass because I shortened it and rounded off the end in my drill press.

Yintal1.jpg

Top Bottom