What's new

Most comfortable handle?

I suspect the designer of the Karve Overlander injected some Fat Handle DNA into his own handle design.

He injected even more into his G Series handles, especially the G-Tech.
Karve G-Tech.jpg

Comfor with old hand ='s two thing to me, size I can grip with easy, and also surface that will not slip wet. Most Vintage
Gillettes do good in size, but could be bigger. Grippyness is good, and not over kill like REX that is like 40 Grit Sandpaper overkill.

Once I started using an aluminum Overlander, I stopped looking around for other razor handles. The standard version and length (90mm) looks good, and is comfortable to hold.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I have several favourites. I lately picked up a Timeless Ti Crown, and it's a very nice handle. The old ATT Kronos handle is up on my list because it's knurled and has a very simple shape. It works. I like RazoRock's regular UFO handle; good knurling and heft and fits my hands well. The West Coast Shaving 84S handle makes any razor look like George Jetson's :) but it is great for those of us who occasionally need a handle that makes holding on easier.

I can appreciate a barber pole handle but I don't personally like using them. My experience has been with wet hands they tend to "screw down" or slip in my hands as I try to grip them. The "threads" cut for the barber pole design create a path of least resistance. Gripping harder to hold the razor affects the ability to move the wrist to accommodate shaving conditions.

O.H.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just have to get a Timeless Ti SPIRAL handle after all the well deserved love for the Crown handle. I have it already as Bronze version for the .78 OC, it is very nice, in Titanium it is basically the same with less weight. They don't make Spiral or Crown handle in SS, and have no plants to do so, so Ti it shall be... :)

My favorite is Maggard's MR11. It's not expensive and high quality. It is 3 inches long.

MR11.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom