What's new

Most comfortable Simpsons Handle

Eagle for myself.

4E74EB1F-FCBB-4297-AC9F-EC5EC1C368E7.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My favourite at the moment is the M7 which I slightly prefer to the M6. I enjoy the Chubby 1 and Duke 3 which are very similar and prefer them over the Chubby 2 which for me is just a bit too large. I find the Major awkward to use when it is assembled so I normally use only the small top part, in the style of a Wee Scot, which I also enjoy very much.

20231229_100008~2.jpg

My favourite at the moment is the M7 which I slightly prefer to the M6. I enjoy the Chubby 1 and Duke 3 which are very similar and prefer them over the Chubby 2 which for me is just a bit too large. I find the Major awkward to use when it is assembled so I normally use only the small top part, in the style of a Wee Scot, which I also enjoy very much.

View attachment 1771497
Hi, I find the major handle my favourite! Longer and very tactile. Majors a superb brush.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have a Chubby 2, Duke 3, M7, and a Harvard. I like the M7 and Harvard, the Duke and Chubby are similar in shape to me and not my favorite handles. However, in terms of knot and color scheme I really like my chubby 2. I was debating on adding a Colonel in Manchurian but the knot is only 21 so I was exploring other handles. The benefit is it is way more affordable.

I've had 8 Simpsons in Best and enjoyed them all. I still have 2, a Rover and Duke 1. My favorite Simpson handle is the Rover (with a denser knot). A close second was a 56, which I gave to a relative some years back.

For badgers I prefer short stubby handles that are easy to manoeuvre, hence Chubby and Duke Series. For synthetics my vote goes to the Trafalgar Series.
I would agree with these choices. Specifically the Duke 3, Chubby 2 and both the Trafalgar T2 and T3 handles

My shelf says eagle and duke. I'd put my lone rover slightly ahead of the duke. I'd like to acquire a tulip but fortunately they rarely if ever appear in two band and lord knows I'm not going to special order one :)

Chubby 3 is the most realistic for my current preferences of larger handles, larger knots. Havard 6 gets an honorable mention too. Size up any of the Simpson handles if they're small and they could work though.

Top Bottom