What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

Actually, I think I was quite restrained in my donation to the box. 😇
It's @SharpieB who said he's donating 23 lbs of kit! :eek2: ... and I have a witness! :tongue_sm
Just watching the Toronto Maple Leaf game, so the blue inspired me to add a cool Leaf blue coloured Razorock and some blades. I love the razor but it is too light for me (aluminum). I bought a stainless version, so into the box this goes!

A1FC38D4-16FA-48FF-9205-AC119992437E.png

I can’t wait to clear out my shave den!

I am going to try a few things and post pics tomorrow. 👍

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Great shave yesterday. Musco Real is fantastic cream. The 365 blade is also excellent. First time using either.

The AP Shave Co. synth is the best synthetic brush I have used. I would keep it if I didn’t have so many brushes. Really nice knot!

View attachment 1805015
If the box gets close to full (especially after you are done! :tongue_sm), you now know what big soft thing to remove to free up space!

Apologies for the quick pic, but here is where the box currently stands. I added a brush, razor, fragrance samples, blades, aftershave and some other stuff.

The Palmolive tallow stick is now a rare unicorn, so I’m sure it will go to a good home. I will also include Feather Artist Club Professional blades with the Razorock Hawk SE razor as well. 👍

I will add more stuff if it will fit! More to come…

IMG_7395.jpeg

What are the brushes?

Wouldn't mind trying some of the vintage razors and Tobac if its still there by the time it gets to me. If not, them's the breaks! Lot's of other items to try.

Is there anything in the box that identifies what the items are? Some are self explanatory, but the razors and brushes aren't.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
What are the brushes?

Wouldn't mind trying some of the vintage razors and Tobac if its still there by the time it gets to me. If not, them's the breaks! Lot's of other items to try.

Is there anything in the box that identifies what the items are? Some are self explanatory, but the razors and brushes aren't.
I would say if you are unsure, post a picture of the item here and someone will be able to identify it.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Cool. I admit I still don't understand what ultimately happens to all this stuff. Great stuff though.
Everything goes from one person to the other (i.e. the box goes around). You can add and/or swap stuff in the box. You get to try stuff.

In the end, the box comes back to me. I will wait a few months and launch another run with that same box and off it goes again. Those who participated in this round are allowed to sign up for the next round (if the box is not lost or anything). See it as a never-ending PIF. At least, that's what I hope will happen!

Apologies for the quick pic, but here is where the box currently stands. I added a brush, razor, fragrance samples, blades, aftershave and some other stuff.

The Palmolive tallow stick is now a rare unicorn, so I’m sure it will go to a good home. I will also include Feather Artist Club Professional blades with the Razorock Hawk SE razor as well. 👍

I will add more stuff if it will fit! More to come…

View attachment 1807424
You could spend months with that box and not try everything. That is a lot of stuff!

What are the brushes?

Nope. Nothing to identify everything.

The brushes are an AP Shaving with an amazing (cashmere knot), a VieLong horse, a Rockwell synth (in box) and the orange handled one is a Razorock 400 synth. 👍

You could spend months with that box and not try everything. That is a lot of stuff!
Agreed. I won’t even touch the colognes as an example. I have wayyyy too many as it is.

As people are asking about the adding and removing rules… there are no real rules. Honour system. Just don’t take a bunch of good stuff and add a couple of crappy items. 🤪 I can’t see that happening with this crowd in any case.

See @Luc post above and Luc correct me if I am off base, but a recipient may fall in love with a vintage Gillette razor and a Palmolive or Tabac stick and some blades that haven’t tried as an example, so keep them but add some cool items that others may like to try.

In my case, I tried Musgo Real for the first time and loved it, so that cream is staying with me. I replaced it with a hard to find Palmolive stick (I paid $3 for them years ago) as it is very desirable and I won’t miss it as I have a few. I also took a few tucks of blades (added some new ones), a Razorock razor stand and maybe a couple other little items. I will add much more than I took as I have way too much stuff but everyone is different.

Agreed. I won’t even touch the colognes as an example. I have wayyyy too many as it is.

As people are asking about the adding and removing rules… there are no real rules. Honour system. Just don’t take a bunch of good stuff and add a couple of crappy items. 🤪 I can’t see that happening with this crowd in any case.

See @Luc post above and Luc correct me if I am off base, but a recipient may fall in love with a vintage Gillette razor and a Palmolive or Tabac stick and some blades that haven’t tried as an example, so keep them but add some cool items that others may like to try.

In my case, I tried Musgo Real for the first time and loved it, so that cream is staying with me. I replaced it with a hard to find Palmolive stick (I paid $3 for them years ago) as it is very desirable and I won’t miss it as I have a few. I also took a few tucks of blades (added some new ones), a Razorock razor stand and maybe a couple other little items. I will add much more than I took as I have way too much stuff but everyone is different.
You guys better watch it so you do not have to switch over to freight and have a pallet delivered by the end of this. Not saying that that would be a bad thing either though.

Top Bottom