What's new

The Great Blade Exchange

Another donation was received today. Thank you, donor!
IMG_6344.jpg

How does one go about donating blades? Also, if I was to donate/exchange, does that disqualify me on any restraints that I may be in? Thank you.

Posted this elsewhere, but no responses. Might be that wrong forum:

QUESTION: 1) I am participating in the 2024 MacGyver challenge. (Still in!) 2) I also have a LOT of blades (I bought many in Nov and Dec as I was ramping up and buying--some that I probably should not have, and others that I didn't realize are amazing).

The question is: am I allowed to participate in the GBE? I am *fine* simply donating blades that are listed as "donations needed" because I know those are hard to find and I snagged a few. So I am OK in NOT getting anything in return in 2024. However, if I did get in return, does that cause an issue in 2024 MacGyver challenge? 🤔

Thoughts?

I’ll just stick with a donation…let’s forget about an exchange. What’s the process to donate. Thanks.
I'm just now seeing your question, I'm sorry for the slow response time. A PM is heading your way with mailing instructions.

I'd like to have another go at the GBE, David

I offer:

2 RK Stainless
2 Rockwell (I have at least 2 but I might find more to send)
3 Platinum Strangelet from Phoenix Shaving
1 Bolzano

I desire:

2 Feather
2 Personna (Germany)
2 Wilkinson Sword (Germany) - I think that "classic" is German

While I'm generally an organized and analytical person I don't do that with shaving; that's very subjective and touchy feely to me. But here's my take on what I'm offering:

The RK Stainless are really good in the Henson razor. I get four comfortable shaves from them and I'm trying to decide if any of the three brands I'm requesting are slightly better or not. I've tried all three from various samplers and an earlier exchange and I would like to have another go at them.

Rockwell consistently gives me a first shave that is tuggy and grabby and after that three comfortable shaves.

The Platinum Strangelet and Bolzano (probably Egyptian) are both very uncomfortable for me. They were "one and done" when I tried them. A couple of Bolzano's that I received in an earlier purchase sampler were European (Italy? Germany?) and were great!

I'd like to have another go at the GBE, David

I offer:

2 RK Stainless
2 Rockwell (I have at least 2 but I might find more to send)
3 Platinum Strangelet from Phoenix Shaving
1 Bolzano

I desire:

2 Feather
2 Personna (Germany)
2 Wilkinson Sword (Germany) - I think that "classic" is German

While I'm generally an organized and analytical person I don't do that with shaving; that's very subjective and touchy feely to me. But here's my take on what I'm offering:

The RK Stainless are really good in the Henson razor. I get four comfortable shaves from them and I'm trying to decide if any of the three brands I'm requesting are slightly better or not. I've tried all three from various samplers and an earlier exchange and I would like to have another go at them.

Rockwell consistently gives me a first shave that is tuggy and grabby and after that three comfortable shaves.

The Platinum Strangelet and Bolzano (probably Egyptian) are both very uncomfortable for me. They were "one and done" when I tried them. A couple of Bolzano's that I received in an earlier purchase sampler were European (Italy? Germany?) and were great!
That exchange will work just fine. A PM will be sent shortly with mailing instructions. And thank you for adding your comments on the blades, I appreciate you adding to our knowledge base!

That exchange will work just fine. A PM will be sent shortly with mailing instructions. And thank you for adding your comments on the blades, I appreciate you adding to our knowledge base!
And I appreciate the opportunity for a couple of stamps to get blades that I won't use into the hands of those who will - and another go myself at three types that are still contenders against the known good RK Stainless.

Interestingly the RK Stainless work perfectly for me yet another Indian blade - Vidyut Supermax Stainless was, for me, as uncomfortable as the Stranglet and the Bolzano. I'm glad that I got a box of them with the Henson razor.

GBE mailing going out to you tomorrow!

Top Bottom