What's new

The Great Blade Exchange

This is an absolutely beautiful idea, i love trading blades and until now ive never been able to except from friends. Absolutely genius.
The Great Blade Exchange is one of the many little things that help make B & B such a wonderful forum. The brain trust years ago started the GBE, long before I started overseeing it. I hope you'll take advantage & participate. Please shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

The Great Blade Exchange is one of the many little things that help make B & B such a wonderful forum. The brain trust years ago started the GBE, long before I started overseeing it. I hope you'll take advantage & participate. Please shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
Thank you! I will definitely hit you up if i need help, which most likely i will 😂

I am interested in participating to try some new blades. As a relative "newbie" I have little to offer in "quality-for-quality" blades. I have Astra Superior Platinums and a few Shark Super Stainless as well as Voskhod. I propose:

2 Astra Superior
2 Shark Stainless
2 Voskhod (as donations)

for

2 Bic Chrome Platinum
2 Kai

Thank you for your consideration or other suggestion.
Frank

After some further research, that offer appears very unbalanced. May I propose the following instead:

2 Astra Superior
2 Shark Stainless
2 Voskhod (as donations)

for

2 Bic Chrome Platinum
2 Dorco Prime

Thank you for any thoughts.
Frank

I am interested in participating to try some new blades. As a relative "newbie" I have little to offer in "quality-for-quality" blades. I have Astra Superior Platinums and a few Shark Super Stainless as well as Voskhod. I propose:

2 Astra Superior
2 Shark Stainless
2 Voskhod (as donations)

for

2 Bic Chrome Platinum
2 Kai

Thank you for your consideration or other suggestion.
Frank

After some further research, that offer appears very unbalanced. May I propose the following instead:

2 Astra Superior
2 Shark Stainless
2 Voskhod (as donations)

for

2 Bic Chrome Platinum
2 Dorco Prime

Thank you for any thoughts.
Frank
The Great Blade Exchange makes no distinction between perceived levels of value or individual blade cost. A blade is a blade is a blade for the purposes of the GBE. Any of your proposed exchanges are most acceptable. I will be sending you a PM shortly with mailing instructions.

This is what I have on hand. Looking for Personna USA/Israel, Russian Plats and other sharp blades.

The Bics are the newer orange and older yellows.

Attachments

• IMG_5349.jpeg
    IMG_5349.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Looking through the last few pages some blades piqued my interest:

Silver Star
Personna Comfort
Astra SP
Big Ben SS
KCG
Tiger Plat
Astor
Rubie
Schick

I can do any and all from the picture for the above. The red Personnas I have are Made in Germany and have Platinum Chrome printed on the blade.

Thanks!

This is what I have on hand. Looking for Personna USA/Israel, Russian Plats and other sharp blades.

The Bics are the newer orange and older yellows.

Looking through the last few pages some blades piqued my interest:

Silver Star
Personna Comfort
Astra SP
Big Ben SS
KCG
Tiger Plat
Astor
Rubie
Schick

I can do any and all from the picture for the above. The red Personnas I have are Made in Germany and have Platinum Chrome printed on the blade.

Thanks!
Those blades you want to send in all will be fine. Pleasse send at least two of each in order to get two back. Please let me know what you blades you want to receive. I'll send you a PM with mailing instructions.

Im in need of vintage gold polsilver and blue polsilver and wizamet super iridium

Im offering full 5 blade tucks of Parker, 10 per tuck on7oclock green permasharp, 5 per 7oclock yellow sharpedge, 5 treet Platinum, 5 gillette silver blue, 5 gillette nacet and 5 super nacet 10 pack treet carbon steel 10 pack treet durasharp! trade me some of your polsilvers please PM me and we can make a deal!

Im in need of vintage gold polsilver and blue polsilver and wizamet super iridium

Im offering full 5 blade tucks of Parker, 10 per tuck on7oclock green permasharp, 5 per 7oclock yellow sharpedge, 5 treet Platinum, 5 gillette silver blue, 5 gillette nacet and 5 super nacet 10 pack treet carbon steel 10 pack treet durasharp! trade me some of your polsilvers please PM me and we can make a deal!
I am happy to accept as many blades as you would like to donate, in addition to the two of each brand required for the two you get back of each brand. The GBE only exchanges two blades out of each brand requested. If you are wanting just two Polsilvers & 2 Wizamets, then the GBE is for you. If you are hoping to get more than two of any of those blades, I'm sorry, but the GBE is not set up to accommodate such a request. The GBE has the gold Polsilver & also the Wizamets. I've recently learned that our entire inventory of blue Polsilver may be counterfeit & of a lesser quality than the real blue Polsilver Super Iridium. Please let me know if you are still interested in doing an exchange & I'll send you a PM with mailing instructions.

Hi!!

How about :

(2) Timor
(2) Super-Max Platinum
(2) Bic Chrome Platinum
(2) Wilkinson Sword

....for....

(2) Feather
(2) Gillette Rubie
(2) Lord Platinum
(2) Gillette 7 o'Clock yellow

@dmshaver

I’ve got a tuck or two of Kai’s I could send in. Would like some Gillette 7oclock Super Premium Blacks if you have them :)
Sounds good. Please know that the Great Blade Exchange is limited to sending two of any one type of blade in exchange for two, or more, of another blade. All that to say I am happy to accept a tuck or two of Kai blades for the GBE, but I will only be able to send you two 7 O'Clock Blacks. I'm sending you a PM with mailing instructions in case you want to go forward with the exchange.

Top Bottom