What's new

The Goliat Simpson Chubby 3 in Super Badger!

I am fairly new to wet shaving, I don`t have that many brushes, just three, but I now feel that I have come home already. When I started in this nice business I told myself that I wanted the good and what I thought was classic stuff from the beginning. So my first brush was a Simpson Tulip 3 in Super Badger.

Ohh, this was a wonderful feeling, the silky soft hairs from the neck of the Badger touching my skin with a great, thick lather from a handmade shaving soap. Then I told myself that even if this was a fantastic brush I needed one more, just so the Tulip got the chance to dry completely once in a while. I then bought a Simpson Emperor 2 in Super Badger. This is a smaller brush than the Tulip 3, and a brush with more backbone. The Tulip is as soft as the skin of a baby girl, the Emperor was also soft, but stiffer. Now I should be satisfied I told myself, but you Gent`s reading this know what it is like, lol.

I read about different brushes from different producers to my eyes went wet and tired, almost pulled the trigger on a Shavemac 236 with DO1 hairs, but something in the back of my head said I should buy a new Simpson. I really love the colour and quality feeling these brushes have, and it is something nice about having the same make and colours in your bathroom. After what I have read and heard during the last months was that a Simpson Chubby 3 in Super Badger is a LARGE (I like I like) and very classic brush. I wanted a 2 band, but then I got a super price on a 3 band that I couldn`t refuse. So two days ago I got this giant brush in the mail. I loved it immediately. Seeing is beliving regarding the Chubby 3. It has an incredible amount of hair packed into one brush, my Tulip 3 which I thougt was a large brush seems like a little kid beside the Chubby 3.

My problem now, if you can call it a problem, hehe, I don`t want to use my other brushes anymore. The Chubby 3 knocked me flat to the floor first time I used it, and I am still stretched out with a funny grin on my face! This Goliat has the softest hairs with a lot of backbone, it makes so much lather from my Fitjar soaps that I could shave with 4 passes for days.

Another thing I love about this brush is the smell the first days. It has a so strong smell of the animal that you almost take a look over your shoulder to see if you are under attack - a Badger of this size has a strong bite:eek:

I love my Chubby, and feel I have what I really wanted, worth every penny I paid!

Last edited:
It's a beautiful monster of a brush, and more fan than the bulby 2 band.

Yes, this is a "fan" shaped brush. I have never had a bulb shaped Chubby, what do you prefer?

Like I said I was looking for a 2 band Chubby 3, but now I am very satisfied with this one, excellent brush so far.

I have now used my Chubby 3 for three weeks, and I love it. Love a shaving brush? I`m blushing, but yes that is the truth.

The quality of this brush is mindblowing perfect. Not loosing one hair of a totally incredible amount put into one brush, the brush is ultrasoft and has backbone as well, hard to explain, must be tried to belive. I thought it was perfect after two days, I was wrong, after three weeks it is getting even better every day. Tomorrow I will try it with a TOBS Sandalwood cream. It makes so large amounts of perfect lather every day that you can shave for hours.

If you sit and wonder if you should buy a new Simpson Chubby 3 in Super, just do it. I think this must be the best brush in the world if you like LARGE knots with millions of the finest badger hairs.

Now that's a lot of hair...I've a Chubby 2 in Super and 3 in Best so I've got the best of both worlds in cream or soap. Both use a lot of product, however!

proxy.php

Something like this...

I have bought this brush and wondered how you guys lathered hard soap with it. I think I may use too much water after soaking the brush as the lather is rather thin. Simpson says that swirling the brush on your face damages the tips but I normally load soap using swirling motion. I don't find it too big for my face and the feel is wonderful. Advice would be appreciated from those who love this brush.

Top Bottom