What's new

The girl of my dreams tore my heart out.

So guys, I've taken some time away from B&B as of late due to personal issues, after spending my time feeling so pathetic and useless I wanted to share my story..

I'm 22 years old as of 3 days ago, in that time I've met a few great people but one of them was a female, we met probably 6 years ago? And I knew then that I felt for her more than just a friend, it was also around that time it became obvious I had some issues, and I was diagnosed with Aniexty, which as many of you know is a pretty common thing, but it means I struggle with a lot of day to day things, even just talking to people in person or eating in public terrifies me more than you'd think possible, because of this I've let 6 years slip by, and watched her in and out of relationships with the wrong guys, the type of guys you'd like to beat the blunt end of a bat for the way they treat women, and for 6 years the outcome was always the same, she'll contact me, we'll talk and then all will be forgotten when she goes back there in a week or two.

So I thought I'd become accustomed to this routine, and I knew where I stood, until recently, when she left her boyfriend, became extremely talkative and was acting like maybe, just maybe, the little guy over here would finally get his shot, I mean she's gorgeous, the type of girl that lights up a room when she walks in, and I'm well.. Not. So I was well aware this was a long shot before going in (funnily it never makes it hurt any less though?) that was until today, today she told me she had slept with a married man. Now I don't know why that effected me so badly, maybe it's because I finally thought maybe I had a chance? Maybe it's because I'd secretly prayed there would be a chance? Maybe it's because my friends sleeping with a married man? I don't really think I can answer that, but for the first time in over 2 years I hit rock bottom, I had the worst Aniexty attack of my life, I contemplated ways out, I thought long and hard about life, I lay here, in my bed, curled up into a ball crying my eyes out, all over a woman? And then it hit me? The girl, the girl I've spent 6 years of my life chasing, the girl I'd walk half way round the world backwards for 30 second shot with, the girl I'd change every aspect of my life to please. Is not worth the time, so as I write this, I'm at a new stage in my life, and I'm sure I'll never fully get over this, and she'll never be gone for good, but guys, it's time to stop being pushed around.

Onwards and upwards

I feel for you man. But you need to look to yourself first. Your health is primary. You need to be the best person that you can be by focusing on your self. The anxiety may diminish if you have more confidence in your self. You will get confidence by accomplishing realistic goals you set for yourself. I can tell you this from personal experience with social anxiety I had when I was your age. Good luck in your endeavors.

Mate I know it feels that she's the one but clearly she's not, focus on yourself for awhile, play sports, hang with some mates, learn to play music.. Learn what makes YOU happy and you will come to meet some one. Though Imnot the most in touch guy when it comes to these matters..

These things are never easy, and I would hazard a guess that most of us have been in a similar situation at one point or another.

For me personally, distancing myself from old habits/routines/places/situations and working on myself broke me out of the funk, and made me a better person. Perhaps mine was a little drastic, and had some other factors rolled in, but I moved across the country, made new friends, met new people, got a new job, met new women, and worked on liking myself. You'd be amazed at how far self-confidence can/will take you, not only with women, but life in general. Ever seen a terribly unattractive guy with a smoking hot woman, and wondered how that happened? I bet you it's because he's got the confidence to pull it off...

Use this as a trigger to break your own mold, reset, and find yourself. You are still very young, and have many great years in front of you.

Take it from someone that's been there (the never-ending chase, not the anxiety); It can and will get better/easier. Focus on you, minus her, and a year from now, you'll be amazed how things have changed. Onwards and upwards indeed my friend!

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Sorry to hear about six years' worth of pursuit and admiration didn't pan out, but many of us have been there and done that. The best thing to do is forget about her, focus on yourself and your own improvement; once you've reached that nirvana of self confidence and esteem, you won't have to worry about the ladies. They'll find you of their own accord.

I look at the outcome of your situation this way: she did you a favor. Believe it or not, she did. She showed you what kind of person she really is, and you didn't have to commit to an other than friendly relationship to find that out. Think of how many men out there who commit to and marry women like this, THEN find out the hard way. Write her off, drive on.

At 22 years old, you are very young. Do yourself a HUGE favor - NEVER get married. Imagine being married to her and then her doing that stuff to you. I have been through the woman (wife) of my life one day out of the blue saying it was over (after 9 years).

Women, as much as I love and adore them, I could never put my life at the risk of another woman's whim. You think you have anxiety now? I didn't experience lingering anxiety until I was emotionally and financially SHAFTED for the sake of some really petty stuff.

STAY SINGLE, and have fun/love a lady, but don't get married!

Z Blade, sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm not sure it's helpful.

Dastill93, as others have said, focus on yourself and your physical and emotional well-being. Work on being the man you want to be. You'll realize that as you work towards that, your anxiety may lessen. You'll also become more confident (confident, not cocky or arrogant) in yourself, which will make you more ready to be a partner when the right woman comes into your life.

Z Blade,

I have found the best women want to get married and have children. If you never get married, you are forgoing the cream of the crop. And my personal opinion - we are in this place to procreate in the cosmic scheme of things. So just my two cents.

Sorry you are going through it. I know how you feel. Today is my wedding Anniversary and my wife left 3 weeks ago leaving me stranded in NC. Just focus on yourself and move on. Take time before trying to be in a relationship.

In times like those I'm reminded of what my senior drill instructor at Parris Island told us once a long time ago, "When you think you don't have anything left in you, you have to reach down deep inside, pull yourself up by your boot straps, and find the will, and a way, to keep moving on".

Good luck in your recovery.

I understand guys, but look at actual statistics of divorce. Even in Christian circles and churches, divorce rate is high, high, HIGH.

Truthfully, I was so happy being married, and I can never go through a divorce again. It nearly destroyed me emotionally.

I understand guys, but look at actual statistics of divorce. Even in Christian circles and churches, divorce rate is high, high, HIGH.

Truthfully, I was so happy being married, and I can never go through a divorce again. It nearly destroyed me emotionally.

Wouldn't you say then, that the issue was with the person you were married to, and not with the institution of marriage itself?

I know what you mean. I have been divorced once and this was supposed to be forever. Only problem is you cant make people have the same moral values.

Wouldn't you say then, that the issue was with the person you were married to, and not with the institution of marriage itself?

Yes, absolutely!

I wish people today were in it for the long run. Unfortunately, it's going to be odds stacked against you to find a woman that can stay happy, and decide to keep those vows.

Women are very susceptible to changing their minds about being married to you for whatever reason.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Onwards and upwards.

For sure. I met a girl in high school that I loved very much. She was a dream. It didn't work out and she basically ditched me for another. Guess what happened? I found a much better one. It's been 30 years since we married.

Look ahead to the future and try and not and dwell on the past with it's mistakes. Now you know what kind of girl is not right for you.

Be well...

I am really sorry to hear this story. Few things in life are as painful as a broken heart.

After you grieve and feel sorry for yourself, you will realize that any woman who would sleep with a married man would cheat on you in a heartbeat. As hard as this is for you now, I feel that it is much better to learn this now instead of later.

There are plenty of nice, honorable, trustworthy girls out there and you just avoided a trashy one.

Top Bottom