What's new

The Big 3 trouble spots. What's your technique? Discuss.

My trouble spot are the same as yours. In order of trouble: 1. Under the nose 2. The chin 3. Adams Apple.

For me the worst is under the nose. The hairs seem like some of the hardest on my face an it's really hard to get close w/o nicking myself. Any advice? On the chin, my hairs seem to grow in every direction, so I'm never too sure what direction I want to move the razor, so it's hit or miss. this week one morning I was kind of sleepy and moved the injector razor straight sideways and had quite a bleeder, almost Band-Aid level and probably should've been
The Adams apple I've finally found out my best technique is swallowing it and gently going north over it which gives me better results rather that trying to pull/push the skin to the left/right. What about you gents?

My trouble spot are the same as yours. In order of trouble: 1. Under the nose 2. The chin 3. Adams Apple.

For me the worst is under the nose. The hairs seem like some of the hardest on my face an it's really hard to get close w/o nicking myself. Any advice? On the chin, my hairs seem to grow in every direction, so I'm never too sure what direction I want to move the razor, so it's hit or miss. this week one morning I was kind of sleepy and moved the injector razor straight sideways and had quite a bleeder, almost Band-Aid level and probably should've been
The Adams apple I've finally found out my best technique is swallowing it and gently going north over it which gives me better results rather that trying to pull/push the skin to the left/right. What about you gents?

sir sternej, sounds like you're already well along to mastering your issues!
and, like rest of us, you've learned...never, never, never move a razor sideways against your skin!!
btw, some injectors are notoriously aggressive!
have you tried a mild DE such as a Gillette Tech?
also, k.i.m. the tactic of shaving to reduce stubble, not eliminate it on the first pass.
enjoy the journey!!

sir sternej, sounds like you're already well along to mastering your issues!
and, like rest of us, you've learned...never, never, never move a razor sideways against your skin!!
btw, some injectors are notoriously aggressive!
have you tried a mild DE such as a Gillette Tech?
also, k.i.m. the tactic of shaving to reduce stubble, not eliminate it on the first pass.
enjoy the journey!!

Excellent advice!

‘Beard reduction’ is the goal! :a29:

Under the nose. Curl your upper lip back and try a steep angle with no pressure. Depending on the blade exposure of the razor used, a left/right, right/left (outiside to inside) stroke can help if N-S doesn't work.

For the chin, I lower my jaw to stetch the skin and try to shave in flat planes but usually end up doing a few undulating strokes over the curve.

My adams apple is very prominent. I pull the skin to the left and right. Swallowing doesn't work for me because I struggle to hold it while breathing normally. Instead, I drop my tongue into the soft palate of my bottom jaw which lowers the adams apple. This technique is also useful for flattening out the underside of the chin.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My trouble spots are my rather hollow cheeks. Careful XTG is usually the best approach, but today I tried skipping XTG but using a very mild razor and sharp blade got good results. After well over half a century it is still not always predictable!

Top Bottom