What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Mind if I come in? I got a small scuttle when I first started as I wanted to be proficient in everything shaving. I quickly realized I get better shaves and can gage my water ratio better face lathering. The scuttle is only good for soaking my brush.

Welcome, sir... you'll fit right in here!

I'll be glad to join.

I had a Pereira Shaving bowl which was purchased with high hopes, but I gravitated towards face lathering.

It was being used as brush soaking and boar brush break-in bowl.
So, I sold it.

Now I'm full time face latherer and enjoying it immensely.

It is an important step in getting into my Zen state, necessary for good Straight Razor shave.

While purchasing my brushes I didn't gave much thought, it turned out that:

Chubby 3, SOC Boar (mine came at 48 mm loft instead of 55 mm) and RazoRock Beehive which are my go to brushes, all are meant for face lathering.

Happy coincidence or something that was meant to be, IDK.
I'm glad with how it turned out.

I prefer face lathering, but feel shame as the rest of the forum and all of the shave videos show mountains of white stuff spewing forth from the bowl.

It just seems more logical to put a dollop of cream, load some soap on the brush or use a stick and go direct to face.

Full-time face latherer, I'm in! I somehow missed this club when I was looking for ones that I qualify for many months ago. I know lots of gents here love their bowl/mug/scuttle, but as nice as some of them look, I just don't want the extra bit of clutter by the sink.

Is there an acronym/backronym to add to my signature line?

Full-time face latherer, I'm in! I somehow missed this club when I was looking for ones that I qualify for many months ago. I know lots of gents here love their bowl/mug/scuttle, but as nice as some of them look, I just don't want the extra bit of clutter by the sink.

Is there an acronym/backronym to add to my signature line?

I've seen both "TOFLACU" and "TOFLAC-U"...

I never preferred face lathering....until I tried Arko (and that was only a few shaves ago). Tomorrow I plan to apply my Van Der Hagen puck directly to my face and then face lather from there and see how it goes.

Face Latherer's SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-12-19.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (14)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I decided to give my Wee Scot another few shaves, to get past that seemingly magical 40 count (to kill the scritch). It's really a terrific little brush. Just a single load before my regular face lather gave me well more than enough for the complete shave (as usual :wink2:).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Seldom don't I face lather. The bristles working against the skin to create lather from a marvelous soap/water mixture, it's superb!!!!!!!

Today's face-lathering kit:
PreWar Tech
Lion Hi-Stainless
Paladin 28mm
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball
IMG_5575.jpg

Top Bottom