What's new

The All Black Plisson

I got my ALL Black Plisson from the shop in Antwerp yesterday.

View attachment 10885

So Excited, my second brush. I went for the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of softness. I have a custom shavemac in silver tip. It is soft and has a very full feeling when in use. I wanted something a little smaller and with as much prickle as I could get in a badger hair. I thought the all black plisson in size 10 would do the trick. As I live and work in Japan, nearly all of my orders are internationally shipped and that is fine, I ordered it from the Shaving and Razor Shop in Antwerp. Two thumbs up to their service. I couldn't get the item into the basket on their checkout system and only had to email my order and they invoice your paypal account. Then the payment is as simple as click click click. It only took one week to get to me which I was happy about.

I used it this morning. Oh the prickle. It was a little harsh on my cheeks if I dug in the tips but on my neck (especially the sides of my adam's apple) was heaven. My neck hairs almost all lay flat and are prone to ingrow if cut too short, but rubbing in that prickly brush full of lather was like scratching an itch that I have had never been able to reach. I realize that the tips will soften a bit after a couple of months of use. But at this stage of the game with this new brush, all I have to say is: "Oh Yeh!"

FYI My next brush purchase will once again go to the other end of the spectrum. I am planning on a Kent BK8 for my birthday in January. Until then the Plisson All Black and the wonderfully full Shavemac Silvertip will do all that is required.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That is one cool-looking brush! Black-on-black ... what a statement for the sinktop. Now, if we can only get Mama Bear to make black soap ... :w00t:

Nice! That brush has been on my list of items to get for quite some time now. Every time I get near purchasing it, something else comes up, and I end up passing on it.

Congrats to you. That is one sexy brush.

Zethlent

A real nice brush that is on my list as well.

My Japanese is pretty rusty- am i reading your sig line correctly?

""Luck it comes in the gate which you laugh""

Enjoy your brush,

Jim,

Actually the 笑う門に福来る is more Laughter brings happiness and fortune. or Happiness if found in Laughter (a smile).

By the way where did you intially learn Japanese?

Seth

Jim,

Actually the 笑う門に福来る is more Laughter brings happiness and fortune. or Happiness if found in Laughter (a smile).

By the way where did you intially learn Japanese?

Seth

Wow not even close! Thanks Seth..

I got my ALL Black Plisson from the shop in Antwerp yesterday.

View attachment 10885

So Excited, my second brush. I went for the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of softness. I have a custom shavemac in silver tip. It is soft and has a very full feeling when in use. I wanted something a little smaller and with as much prickle as I could get in a badger hair. I thought the all black plisson in size 10 would do the trick. As I live and work in Japan, nearly all of my orders are internationally shipped and that is fine, I ordered it from the Shaving and Razor Shop in Antwerp. Two thumbs up to their service. I couldn't get the item into the basket on their checkout system and only had to email my order and they invoice your paypal account. Then the payment is as simple as click click click. It only took one week to get to me which I was happy about.

I used it this morning. Oh the prickle. It was a little harsh on my cheeks if I dug in the tips but on my neck (especially the sides of my adam's apple) was heaven. My neck hairs almost all lay flat and are prone to ingrow if cut too short, but rubbing in that prickly brush full of lather was like scratching an itch that I have had never been able to reach. I realize that the tips will soften a bit after a couple of months of use. But at this stage of the game with this new brush, all I have to say is: "Oh Yeh!"

FYI My next brush purchase will once again go to the other end of the spectrum. I am planning on a Kent BK8 for my birthday in January. Until then the Plisson All Black and the wonderfully full Shavemac Silvertip will do all that is required.

That is the nicest looking bruch I think I've seen. Very nice.

Seth...

I am interested in how this brush has been performing for you. What are your impressions?

Thanks.

Well I have been using this brush for almost three weeks straight. I have gotten so used to the previous mentioned prickliness that when I decided to use my Silvertip Shavemac last Sunday for a comparison I know how spoiled I have been with only using the Shavemac up until now. The brush I will review in more detail in the reviews section in about another week. I want to go through all of my creams and soaps a couple of times before I draw any quick conclusions. But so far it has only lost one hair. Actually that was this morning and I think my initial impression that the hairs are inverted is a little more substantiated because of this. Actually I was hoping it would shed a hair so I could see the thickness of the hair at the bottom of the knot. It is considerably finer than the thickness at the top of the hair. But as I said I am going to contine for maybe ten more days to get a good thorough look at its performance accross the board. Thereafter I will do a review.

Top Bottom