What's new

The Absolutely Unnecessary Joy of a Fountain Pen

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow Nibsters:
Saw this Pen article in on-line yesterday and thought I would share. šŸ‘šŸ½

Story by Nick Sullivan - Esquire - 2 May 24

Montblanc's MeisterstĆ¼ck isn't an essential. Which is exactly what makes it so great

šŸ–‹ļø"A fountain pen [FP] is like a tie these days. Itā€™s not a necessity but an expression of tasteā€”and a chance to snatch a little extra joy from the grip of everyday existence.

Given the choice, would you rather scratch out a note with a cheap plastic ballpoint or glide a finely tuned 18k-gold nib over a sheet of paper? No contest [hands-down].;)

Which brings us to Montblanc. 1715569449751.png

Founded in 1906 with the catchy name 'Simplizissiumus-FĆ¼llhalter' [:blink:] the company pioneered modern, easy-to-use fountain pens.

And the MeisterstĆ¼ckā€” German for ā€œMasterpieceā€ā€”has been the pinnacle of its lineup since it was introduced in 1924.

Itā€™s the fountain pen elevated to an art form. :thumbsup:

1715565552665.jpeg

MB MeisterstĆ¼ck 149 Fontain Pen

Combining superior engineering and materials, the century-old MeisterstĆ¼ck takes the writing experience to another level by ensuring that the ink flows in an unbroken stream from reservoir to nib to paper without the slightest pressure from the user.
1715572002693.gif

Itā€™s a simple pleasure but a profound one. And sometimesā€”more often than you might expectā€”thatā€™s just what you need". [šŸ‘]

1715564709933.jpeg

My name engraved Vintage (1990' circa), #144 Meisterstuck Classic Fountain (black with gold trim...extra-fine two-tone [14K 4810 rhodium-plated inlay] nib), Pen w/ 75th Anniversary Diamond Solitaire Cap

1715573519858.jpeg

TOP - My name engraved Vintage (1990ā€™ circa), Meisterstuck Classic (black with gold trim), Rollerball Pen.
BOTTOM - My name engraved Vintage (1990' circa), #144 Meisterstuck Classic Fountain (black with gold trim...extra-fine two-tone, 14K 4810 rhodium-plated inlay] nib), Pen w/ 75th Anniversary Diamond Solitaire Cap

Works Cited: MB Meisterstuck FP 100yr Anniversary

1715571521459.png
"Montblanc - celebrating 100 years of inspired writing". MB Slogan
Ā 
Last edited:
Hello Tomo,

I'm not overly interested in fountain pens, but I do like your Avatar. He seems to be a figure with which I'm not familiar.

Cheers,

Gauthier
Ā 

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I am still on the fence about getting a Montblanc pen. They are so iconic and well regarded... they are also not really an inexpensive pen. Maybe someday I'll have a bit of a windfall and pick one up. Great article, though!

I've had the same feeling since first using fountain pens. I almost bought a 149 for a good price from a guy off of Craigslist a number of years ago, but he backed out before the transaction took place.
Ā 

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[...] Montblanc's MeisterstĆ¼ck isn't an essential. Which is exactly what makes it so great.

šŸ–‹ļø"A fountain pen [FP] is like a tie these days. Itā€™s not a necessity but an expression of tasteā€”and a chance to snatch a little extra joy from the grip of everyday existence.

Given the choice, would you rather scratch out a note with a cheap plastic ballpoint or glide a finely tuned 18k-gold nib over a sheet of paper? No contest [hands-down].;)

Which brings us to Montblanc. View attachment 1845321
šŸŽ„...;

1715571521459.png
"Montblanc - celebrating 100 years of inspired writing". MB Slogan
Ā 
Top Bottom