What's new

The 2024: 1-Blade, 1-Week, *Daily Shaving Adventure

I missed out on stocking up on the Titanium(feel the power) blades that weren't your favourite even though I really liked them.

I don't necessarily think that the evaluation of a single razor blade is definitive of its performance.

I was curious as to how a titanium blade would perform?

While I was less than impressed with the Super-Max Titanium, I was very impressed with the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium Coated blade.

I tend to wonder if this wasn't more of a marketing ploy, rather than a practical product. Titanium was a big buzzword in marketing several years ago.

Titanium is not typically used for knife blades, while other types of stainless steel like 14C28N are used both for razor blades and knife steels, due to its fine carbines.

I am more curious about a tungsten blade? I do have a few vintage tungsten blades to try.

While you might be sharing your Kings with others in your life, I sincerely doubt that you will be setting them aside...
I started my adventure with Treet King and the Jifuli razor.
It seemed like an honest blade to me, it caused me some irritation perhaps because I was in a hurry but it seems like a good blade to me.
We'll see how it behaves until the end of the week, I will evaluate it very carefully and calmly.
Yes I can confirm it is a covered blade and very sharp.
It seemed like an honest blade to me, it caused me some irritation perhaps because I was in a hurry but it seems like a good blade to me.
We'll see how it behaves until the end of the week, I will evaluate it very carefully and calmly.
Yes I can confirm it is a coated blade. and very sharp.

Yes I can confirm it is a coated blade. and very sharp.
Hey,I realised that I copied the same message twice to translate from Google Translate, there was no malware on my computer I hope. :lol:

Mr Qudoos is not answering, so any other questions I may have about their blades I won't bother him anymore, not even their Treet Group service department.

If you mean difference in efficiency and in performance I find the Astra SS definitely gentler and more pleasant than the packet green Astra sisters,on my skin.

So far, I am finding them more or less equal.

Coming off the Super-Max last week, I am finding that good old Astra's are a perfectly decent shave.

Both the Superior Platinum and Superior Stainless we among the first blades I acquired when returning to DE shaving.

Now, after trying many blades, they still are holding up well against the competition.

I did look it up and did not find anything to indicate that it was a coated blade, though I had been under the impression that it was?

I had found it similar to the Voshkod's, which now have gone up in price.

My experience with the King, like the Voshkod, is a smooth comfortable shave.

Though it might not be my favorite endgame blade, it is certainly a very solid blade. For $8/hundred, it is an excellent value.

For all the expensive blades on the market, I am finding that there are many quality blades that are priced at $10 or less.

I did look it up and did not find anything to indicate that it was a coated blade, though I had been under the impression that it was?

I had found it similar to the Voshkod's, which now have gone up in price.

My experience with the King, like the Voshkod, is a smooth comfortable shave.

Though it might not be my favorite endgame blade, it is certainly a very solid blade. For $8/hundred, it is an excellent value.

For all the expensive blades on the market, I am finding that there are many quality blades that are priced at $10 or less.
Last day of my Treet King, a blade that in my opinion is too underrated. I can't say if it is one of the best I have tried it could be, I have to evaluate more times so much I have so many and I won't get tired of it, or maybe I will.

I cannot say if it is a very good blade, I will take time to determine that.
I would like to understand the real difference with Treet Platinum but Mr. Qudoos did not answer me.

Very smooth and on the third shave still very sharp , no tugging and gentle. a little less than the GSB, however I repeat that I will carry it on at least until the 5th shave.
Comparisons with Voshkod I do not remember because I have not used the Russian blade for a long time, however for the price of these Treet King a real bargain I confirm.

I finished the week today with the Personna Medical Prep. Performance was very good as usual. However today’s shave (#7) was a little less comfortable than the first 6 days. Not sure why.

My updated preference list as I am still pushing through my 10 different blades:
  1. GSB*
  2. 7 O’clock*
  3. Perma-Sharp*
  4. Astra**
  5. Lab Blue**
  6. Lord Platinum**
  7. Nacet**
  8. Personna Medical Prep**
* These are tied for this position.
** These are tied for this position.

Next up is a Personna Red from Germany.

Have a blessed week everyone.

Next up is a Personna Red from Germany.
My question for this curiosity.
Is the Personna Red made in Germany an old production?

I was aware that in Personna factories in Germany they only produced the platinum blades.
Of Personna Red I read that they are sold only in the U.S. and I thought they were made in your country.
Maybe I am confused and they are different blades?

My question for this curiosity.
Is the Personna Red made in Germany an old production?

I was aware that in Personna factories in Germany they only produced the platinum blades.
Of Personna Red I read that they are sold only in the U.S. and I thought they were made in your country.
Maybe I am confused and they are different blades?
I thought they were newer production to replace the Reds from Israel.

My updated preference list as I am still pushing through my 10 different blades:
  1. GSB*
  2. 7 O’clock*
  3. Perma-Sharp*
  4. Astra**
  5. Lab Blue**
  6. Lord Platinum**
  7. Nacet**
  8. Personna Medical Prep**

I might be similar in my assessment?

As a suggestion, you might want to clarify which 7-O'clock blade you are listing, as there are several available.

The Black's are my favorite and possibly my favorite blade overall.

I am fine with both of the Greens, though not overly impressed.

I am really impressed with the Yellow SharpEdge, I just received one hundred last week from the PPI plant production.

I find the Nacet and the Gillette Perma-Sharp's to be very similar.

Note that one of the 7-O'clock Greens, the ones that are made in India are also Permasharp blades.

I have not been posting in here in a while, but I might as well give you an update. I am doing one blade, one week but I also use one full tuck straight. I just finished with the Derby Premium after having spent five weeks with one tuck. They have been a very solid blade these five weeks, that I have been using them. They have had no issues of my normal use of about six shaves per week/per blade. Solid performance from day one to six each week. I had a few BBS shaves, but mostly DFS++ shaves. It probably could have gone a few more shaves before it would decline in comfort and performance. It is quite a boring blade, which is a good thing. Boring means consistent and you cannot ask for more than that. Fantastic blade!

Next blade up is the Ladas Stainless Steel.

I might be similar in my assessment?

As a suggestion, you might want to clarify which 7-O'clock blade you are listing, as there are several available.

The Black's are my favorite and possibly my favorite blade overall.

I am fine with both of the Greens, though not overly impressed.

I am really impressed with the Yellow SharpEdge, I just received one hundred last week from the PPI plant production.

I find the Nacet and the Gillette Perma-Sharp's to be very similar.

Note that one of the 7-O'clock Greens, the ones that are made in India are also Permasharp blades.
Thank you. Oversight on my part. 7 O’clock Yellow. 😊

I have not been posting in here in a while, but I might as well give you an update. I am doing one blade, one week but I also use one full tuck straight. I just finished with the Derby Premium after having spent five weeks with one tuck. They have been a very solid blade these five weeks, that I have been using them. They have had no issues of my normal use of about six shaves per week/per blade. Solid performance from day one to six each week. I had a few BBS shaves, but mostly DFS++ shaves. It probably could have gone a few more shaves before it would decline in comfort and performance. It is quite a boring blade, which is a good thing. Boring means consistent and you cannot ask for more than that. Fantastic blade!
Boring if you mean in the positive way that is, that you could use it every day without getting bored? Not boring that you tires of frequent use of the same Derby Premium blade.
Next blade up is the Ladas Stainless Steel.

I had tried it and only had one ladas left, another fantistic blade.
Too bad they are made by the same Russian company Voshkod and are not easily found these days.

I have only used the Derby Extra and it was just fine, albeit mild. The Premium is priced very closely to the baseline Extra model. It seems like an odd strategy of product positioning but would seem to be a great deal for consumers.

Top Bottom