What's new

TGQ Sampler Pack

Here's what I did with my samples, got the Glad bowls from Target.

proxy.php

Jesse,

I did about the same thing with mine. Looks great and enjoy! I've already returned to TGQ to buy a few medium size pucks.

My GF got me a medium size bay rum + sweet orange puck and a tub of the Highlander cream for V-day based on the samples I got. I suspect it won't be the last time I order from them, I still want to try the leatherneck and the desert ironwood.

By the way, Target also has a perfect sized bowl for the medium pucks if you haven't found one yet. It's a Rubbermaid 16oz. twist and seal. It's a bit tall but the bottom diameter is almost perfect.

I ordered the sample pack Sunday.

Soaps: Highlander, Lime Margarita, Orange Pitchuli, Provence Lavender, & Savon De Comte.
Creams: Highlander and Provence Lavender.

Your sniffer and face will thank you!

I just received my new custom shavemac and EJ BBB traveler and between the TGQ samples, IK samples from Shaving Essentials, EJ Sea Buckthorn and 6 Penhaligon's samples that I ordered, I should be in business for a few weeks. :biggrin1:

Thats funny. You say that now....wait til you spend more time on the boards and say: "Gee, I want X, Y, and Z too...why wait?"

I bought a bunch of samples from Sue at SCS and said the same thing you did. This week, I've got the following coming to me:

1) Fatboy razor
2) Proraso AS splash and 100 Red Pack Blades
3) Penhaligon's samples
4) Wesley & Scott samples

It doesn't stop bro

Thats funny. You say that now....wait til you spend more time on the boards and say: "Gee, I want X, Y, and Z too...why wait?"

I bought a bunch of samples from Sue at SCS and said the same thing you did. This week, I've got the following coming to me:

1) Fatboy razor
2) Proraso AS splash and 100 Red Pack Blades
3) Penhaligon's samples
4) Wesley & Scott samples

It doesn't stop bro

Nice choice....I've never heard of Wesley & Scott, who are they?

Last week I ordered Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, now I'm scared to use it because I may like it so much! I really want to try Floris JF, No. 89 and Elite.

Good thing there's not a decent shave shop in our area.

Wesley and Scott is the house brand for Shaving Essentials. The aftershaves are excellent and I hear they're adding creams as well.

Wesley and Scott is the house brand for Shaving Essentials. The aftershaves are excellent and I hear they're adding creams as well.

Cool...I was on Shaving Essentials' website last night and noticed that they are carrying Edwin Jagger products now but didn't see Wesley & Scott. Jim is sending me a sample of IK, maybe he'll include some W&S.

My official thoughts on TGQ's sampler:

not bad. the scents are INCREDIBLE, orange patchouli being probably my favorite overall (though all of them are really great). Lather was overall better than any other artisan soap I've tried so far, though still not on par with my much-beloved trifecta-of-awesome(Tabac, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Art of Shaving).

It's certainly a passable soap - one that I will probably pick up a full puck or two of.

My official thoughts on TGQ's sampler:

not bad. the scents are INCREDIBLE, orange patchouli being probably my favorite overall (though all of them are really great). Lather was overall better than any other artisan soap I've tried so far, though still not on par with my much-beloved trifecta-of-awesome(Tabac, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Art of Shaving).

It's certainly a passable soap - one that I will probably pick up a full puck or two of.

Good to know, I'll post my thoughts when I receive mine. Thanks.

The ONLY problem with my TGQ sampler pack is that the scents are SO intense I had to put the soaps in a sealed bowl! This is true even though they come in ziplock bags! Man, do they smell good. But strong!

Hmmm....I sense a problem that I dont have any of the soaps of Endcycle's trifecta...SSAD kicking in!

lol
yeah, those 3 are serious spoilers for every other soap out there. Tabac has the best overall efficacy (but I haaaate the scent), and Penhaligons and Art of Shaving make INCREDIBLE soaps. The scents are out of this world and they lather beautifully.

The ONLY problem with my TGQ sampler pack is that the scents are SO intense I had to put the soaps in a sealed bowl! This is true even though they come in ziplock bags! Man, do they smell good. But strong!

I KNOW!! I have the samples in one of my cabinets, and boy does it smell good!

Yeah you can definitely smell them through the bags the samples come in.

Top Bottom