What's new

TECH Tuesday

First tech Tuesday with the British fat handle Jake gave me, and my 4th tech shave over all. I'm getting to know it better and each shave produces better results though it's struggling to give me satisfactory results on my neck. I think a sharper blade is what I need. I think it will end up as my Weekend razor, the shave doesn't last long enough for me to get away with having it before bed.

Used my new 1975 Tech for the first time today with a Supermax blade, not quite as close as the EJ DE89 with a Derby Extra. Was showing whiskers by lunchtime :huh:

Attachments

• $tech.jpg
    $tech.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 191

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Tech Tuesday 7/17/12

1952 Ball Handle Tech
Astra SP
Omega #10029 'baby pro'
Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
Osage Rub/Skin Bracer AS

$DSCN2133.jpg

Tech head with the Ikon Bulldog handle. Handle definitely helps the head by adding some weight. Close efficient shave as always. Not sold on the H.I.S. synthetic brush. Floppy. Doesn't bloom like an animal hair knot. Created a huge amount of lather in the scuttle, was soft and delivered a large amount of product to my face....so it isn't terrible. Have to try it some more. Want to like it.

Decided to have Tech Thursday as well and to hell with the rules
English ball handled Tech / Polsilver [1] / Palmolive Regular Shave Cream / Alum / Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm
After the shave I had only one question ... why do I need all these other razors when this simple little beauty can do it all. I was so impressed that I'm considering having my name engraved on the head and then getting it replated so it will be mine forever.

I'm thinking of having Tech Sunday as well in fact I'm seriously thinking that a good Tech is all a man needs ... so why do I keep finding all these other razors in the mail; I suppose it's the same reason I keep trying other soaps what I know Arko Rules!
Of course with there being so many nice Techs it's essential to own one of each ... My new week might look like this ...

Magical Tech Monday
Regular ol' Tech Tuesday
Wonderful Tech Wednesday
Twice as nice on Tech Thursday
Fabulous Tech Friday
Sexy Tech Saturday
Stupendous Tech Sunday

:a29:

Picked up a tech last week and just cleaned it up. Today was my first shave with it and first tech Tuesday. The razor has a much different feel than the merkers I have used thus far. Great shave:

Semogue 1460
Arko
Canadian made fat hale tech
Gillette Silver Blue
Whichhazel
Aqua Velva original Sport

1941 Ranger Tech/Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)

Really nice and smooth 3 pass face,1 pass headshave,BBS all around.

Today's Tech Tuesday!

Palmolive Euro Cream
Omega Pro 49 Brush
'46-'49 Gold Fat Handle Tech w/ Wilkinson Sword Master (3)
Proraso AS

3 pass DFS! Very comfortable shave.

As in the photo....aftershave is Max Factor Royal Regiment Dry Lime. Very good 2 pass shave with touch ups.

$DSCN2137.jpg
Wanted to add that the Art of Shaving Unscented Balm is something I use after every shave, on top of whatever splash. Great finish that leaves my face hydrated and smooth all day. The scent of the after shave is there all day and becomes muted. Terrific product and I like the measured dispenser that leaves you in control of how much you apply. Wonderful product.Same can be said for witch hazel as a first application. Really smooths out the face after a shave and sets up the other products. As someone has said, "I used more product and it worked."

Last edited:
Top Bottom