What's new

Strong Set - new wig

IMG_4871.jpeg
This Strong Set is a low end brush from back in the day. I tried the old banded boar knot once. Severe shedding syndrome.

The glue was strong and black, hard to cut out. The shedding bristles were breaking off above the glue.

My last remaining 20mm boar knot was too wide in the glue bump department, but a 20mm badger slid in easily.

I restored one about ten years ago. Nice handles!
I set my badger knot a little lower than yours.

full

Your handle looks like a higher quality turning than mine. Better choice of wood and more detailing, smoother finishing than mine. Basically the same design, but mine is certainly more cheaply done. Did Strong Set up their game or drop their quality over time? We'll never know, but I'm betting 'dropped their quality'. The way of the world.

I put a few millimeters of spacer below my knot. If I had set it at full depth I think mine would still have been slightly higher lofted than yours.

The new 20mm badger knot (Shave Forge, I believe) does not appear to need much break in. I bowl lathered one Captain's Choice copper bowl full of throwaway Arko lather and it was immediately ready for shave stick/face lathering duty.

Top Bottom