What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

I had been a Jack Daniels fan. Then a friend gave me a bottle of Knob Creek. Drank that exclusively for many years. This past weekend a neighbor introduced me to Angels Envy which will be my next purchase. But the local store had a sale on Jack Daniels Single Barrel... so I have come full circle. :a54:

Been hitting TinCup lately. Locally made in TinCup Colorado. Very smooth, no bite, medium body. Excellent neat, so-so on rocks - doesn't hold up to dilution well.

As it happens I have a picture of Tin Cup Colorado. I camp in Taylor Park nearby yearly. To see it you'll have to look hard. I'm not sure where they make it but Tin Cup is just a namesake.
proxy.php

Couple of more for fun, please forgive the hijack.

Mirror Lake above town.
proxy.php

Deerhammer distillery in nearby Buena Vista

proxy.php

Last edited:
As it happens I have a picture of Tin Cup Colorado. I camp in Taylor Park nearby yearly. To see it you'll have to look hard. I'm not sure where they make it but Tin Cup is just a namesake.
proxy.php

Couple of more for fun, please forgive the hijack.

Mirror Lake above town.
proxy.php

Deerhammer distillery in nearby Buena Vista

proxy.php

Thank you for the photos!

Did not purchase a bottle. Needed tequila for Palomas! First go with Espólon (little bland for me, but we'll be mixing it!).

4 Roses for me, but there are many great ones available around the $45 price point. Best I ever had and would just about kill for more was a 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle that cost me $70 back in 2005.

On the rye front, definitely Whistle Pig but that's a bit over $45.

Last edited:
I found a local store with two cases of Elijah Craig 12 (750s) just sitting in a dusty corner. Tempting.

For me the best bargain bourbon is Buffalo Trace. I saw several mentions for Blantons but that is over $45 a bottle here. Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace. The only problem, I can never find BT in Ohio.

For me the best bargain bourbon is Buffalo Trace. I saw several mentions for Blantons but that is over $45 a bottle here. Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace. The only problem, I can never find BT in Ohio.
I've been going through a lot of bourbon in various cocktails and I agree that Buffalo Trace is an excellent bourbon. An outstanding value!

I've been going through a lot of bourbon in various cocktails and I agree that Buffalo Trace is an excellent bourbon. An outstanding value!

+2. I go through a big bottle with a whiskey drinking bro-in-law twice a year. Long but satisfying weekends.

Bought some Wild Turkey 101 for $21.00 today. I consider that a bargain for an underrated whiskey.
Couldn't agree more. WT 101 and Evan Williams BiB are two of the best values out there. Different flavor profiles depending on what sounds good.

I picked up a handle of WT 101 for $35 plus a 12 pack of coke from Winn-Dixie last week, which is a steal.

Wow ... heck of a price ... plus that stuff's not easy to come by. Where did you find it? I'll be down that way this weekend

I found it at a grocery store called Woodmans. If you've ever been to the Madison area then I'm sure you've heard of it.

Top Bottom