What's new

Stirling Syndicate

These were samples correct? I haven't had issue w sdm,lemon chill and pharaohs Dreamsicle,although i don't believe i have the sensitivity issue others have had.

These were samples correct? I haven't had issue w sdm,lemon chill and pharaohs Dreamsicle,although i don't believe i have the sensitivity issue others have had.

Yes all samples, I try to do samples when I can just to make sure there are no issues. SDM was actually one of the worst ones for me, that and barbershop. Spice was really just a tingle and Executive man was somewhere in between. Trying MITA tomorrow but the test lather seemed ok, the menthol could have covered up any burn so we'll see. I don't care enough for the scent of Bay Rum or Vanilla Sandalwood to try them.

I won't. Might give them to my dad or.throw them on the GDF.
If you go to GDF give me a heads up after you post it if you are interested in any trades. I'm finishing up my last bit of Stirling soap and might be interested to work out a trade for some of them if I had anything you're after.

I've used the following:
MitA
Glacial Lemon Chill
South Padre
Stirling Spice
Iced Pineapple
Glastonbury
Gin & Tonic

I really like them all except for the Iced Pineapple, which was a little too strong for my sensitive skin. Stirling makes my favorite menthol, Glacial Lemon Chill, followed closely by MitA.

im really intrigued by texas on fire. it seems like the vast majority of the time it's mentioned, people express distaste for it, but that just makes me even more curious.

I found its performance inconsistent compared to others, and the budget price went out the window when I had to load about double that of B&M. I love the barbershop scent but am more likely to try out as a balm or splash next time.

I had to load about double that of B&M.

Funny you should say that. A couple days ago I had what I thought was a lot of product but it only lasted two passes and I had to relather, so tonight I loaded all the brush could take and more, maybe I just need to get used to doing it that way. Tried a Sharp Dressed Man sample for the first time tonight, really nice scent, not too strong.

Today I revisited Barbershop because I like the scent so much, it's probably my favorite tied with Ozark MTN but they are so different each would have its place. Unfortunately it burned my face again like it did for my test lather, so much so by the third pass I was rushing to finish up because it was uncomfortable.

Naked & Smooth and Ozark are the only ones that haven't burned or tingled so far. Tomorrow I'll give MITA a try, it seemed to do ok with a test lather but a shave is a different story.

Should have my full tub of Ozark Mtn and sample AS splashes tomorrow.

Jeremy - MITA is my fav Stirling soap. Like you, Barbershop didn't agree with my skin. MITA is a perfect combination of fresh scent and menthol (imo). It's my default menthol soap, and has replaced Proraso green.

South Padre Island is a scent?!?!?!?! I grew up in TX and spent quite a few spring breaks down at South Padre :001_cool: Not sure I remember any scents that I'd want to put on my face....:biggrin1:

Stirling is next on my must try list. I just have to get through a couple older soaps before my GF flips her lid!!

Chris

South Padre Island is a scent?!?!?!?! I grew up in TX and spent quite a few spring breaks down at South Padre :001_cool: Not sure I remember any scents that I'd want to put on my face....:biggrin1:

Stirling is next on my must try list. I just have to get through a couple older soaps before my GF flips her lid!!

Chris

From what I've read South Padre Island is very "beachy", sun tan lotion, tropical, etc...

Yeah, I've only been to South Padre once... I'm more of a North Padre Island kind of guy! I go down there about three times a year and will be there in about a week!

South Padre = Lots of people
North Padre = Relaxation and stress free:thumbup1:

If I remember correctly, Rod made both a North Padre and South Padre soap!

I own South Padre. IMO, it's not the "beach" vibe implied by the name. I get a summer-like cologne scent.

If you want beach, suntan lotion scent - PAA The Beach.

I have been using Stirling soaps for a couple weeks now. I came across this thread and was surprised I've never heard of Shannon's Soaps before. I just placed an order for NIL to give it a go. The value to performance of Stirling is hard to beat IMO, but I'm hoping Shannon's is on par for me because I like the ingredient list a little better (on paper anyways). I'll report back here after a while using it.

Okay, just got my first shave with a safety razor done! Best shave ever (even with three days of growth)!! I used the Sharp Dressed Man soap, the DE3P2 razor with Shark Super Stainless blades, and the 26mm synthetic brush. No nicks, no razor burn (at least not yet), and a perfect lather! Tomorrow, I will try the Voskhod blades and a different soap scent.

I love using Stirling Soap. Currently I enjoy Iced Pineapple nice cooling effect on my face. As all Stirling soaps they have great performance and awesome post shave feel.

Top Bottom