What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Plisson won't be pleased that their knot manufacturer nowadays supplies their competition with the same excellent knots.

. . . and that said competition makes brushes with them that sell for considerably less. :w00t:

Those Plisson knots are around $13-14 on eBay, and I imagine they go for quite a bit less in bulk.

Their soaps get a lot of love. I don't get it. I could smell the base of each of my samples. The fragrance oils dissipate quickly. 6/10 IMO

I've only been using Stirling for the past 2+ weeks now and I've really enjoyed them. So far I've tried 10 scents, my favorite being Ozark Mountain followed by Spice and Barbershop. Margaritas in the Arctic is also a great scent but I don't know if I could do the menthol thing too often.

I placed an order last Wednesday for a full tub of Ozark and a sample pack of AS splashes, it still hasn't shipped which is odd because my previous 2 orders shipped the same day.

I'm a huge fan of Ozark Mountain as well. Waiting on a full tub of it to get here, I'd probably be ok using that every day if I had to.

They do get a lot of love on this forum (including from myself). I am just glad that you spelled Stirling correctly...it's hard to taking people's proclamation that "Product A is the BEST soap EVER!!!" when they cannot even spell the brand correctly.

+1 but I'm a spelling and grammar snob

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Stirling is awesome! Sharp Dressed Man is probably my favorite, but Barbershop and Executive Man are right up there. I found Port au Prince to be the best performer (the French spa mud really works), but I'm not so much into the vetiver/lemongrass scent. As to the odor that some people smell, I smelled it too on a couple pucks. But if you air the puck out for a couple days, the odor goes away. Also, Rod has tweaked the formula to eliminate the odor. I can say my last Stirling order was odor-free, so hopefully that issue is solved.

I placed an order last Wednesday for a full tub of Ozark and a sample pack of AS splashes, it still hasn't shipped which is odd because my previous 2 orders shipped the same day.

My order just shipped this afternoon, and it was placed last Wednesday as well... I wish it had shipped sooner, but thats not really a big issue for me as I understand that they probably keep a small stock! At least I know the soap will be fresh!

My order just shipped this afternoon, and it was placed last Wednesday as well... I wish it had shipped sooner, but thats not really a big issue for me as I understand that they probably keep a small stock! At least I know the soap will be fresh!

Just got my shipping confirmation as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ones you picked. Haven't tried island man yet.

They have a few seconds listed on the site now for $18.95. I was going to grab one that was just missing the logo, but somebody beat me to it.

proxy.php

Heres the 28mm in a wood handle. its amazing on the face

There are other Plisson-style knots available now or will soon be from Chiseled Face (24- & 28mm) and Shave Revolution (24mm). No one has to do without.

Top Bottom