What's new

Stirling Syndicate

proxy.php

The brush is a beast (28mm). I can get some seriously thick stuff on my face. It has major backbone, but is very soft. Great brush.

I am also interested in round 2. Are Canadians eligible for this passaround?

I've been involved in several other passarounds where they allowed shipping to Canada and it gets complicated because someone gets hit with high shipping charges and the passaround box often gets delayed as well. I have no idea what the shipping would be for a medium sized box but I shipped 100 blades to Canada once in a small bubble envelope and the shipping cost exceeded the value of the blades. So we'd have to seek out an economical way to ship the box.

That being said the Canadians that I've met have all been extremely nice people that I would want to be a part of this as well. So how about this... if you can get enough interest for a Canadian box I'll put something together that can stay in Canada and make the rounds there as well. I'd seed the box with enough vendor donated soap to give it a good start and send it your way. Someone there can take over the moderating duties of that Canada only box to see that it makes it's way to all that are interested. You can post to this same thread or start an entirely new one to gather reviews and read about people's experience with the soaps. It's up you how you want to do it. There just has to be enough interest to make it happen.

I haven't tried many different artisan soaps, but everything I have received from Stirling has been excellent. Great scents, easy to lather, great slickness, great cushion and awesome post-shave feeling. Their aftershaves are pretty darn good too, and they make several aftershaves to match their soaps.

Also, for the price of a Stirling puck, it's really a great deal when you take into account the performance of the product!

That is a very generous (and awesome) offer. I have started a separate thread here in the Shaving Soaps forum. I'm hoping my fellow Canadians will be as excited and eager to try some world class soaps from the fine vendors here at B&B. I'm not sure if I am qualified to assume the moderating duties, but I would definitely be willing to try. Whether or not the Canadian Box gets off the ground, thanks for the wonderful offer.

Last edited:
Nice stuff. Maybe not my very favorite, but the variety of good scents at very favorable price point is hard to beat. Like most I ha e the Executive Man a D Sharp Dressed Man, Stirling's interpretation of Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. Plus Bonaparte, Ozark Mountain and Iced Pineapple. All perform well and have nice strong scents.

Let's see, I have Barbershop, Sharp Dressed Man, Executive Man, Electric Sheep, Bay Rum, Glacial Wintergreen, Grapefruit, Sandalwood, and Island Man.

And I'm probably forgetting a couple. Yes, I like Stirling soaps. :thumbup1:

Right now Island Man is getting a lot of use - it's a great summer scent.

Electric Sheep doesn't get a lot of attention, but it is made with sheep tallow and is slicker than their other soaps - if that's even possible. It also has a nice light citrus scent.

I have never had any problems working up a great lather with any of the soaps in my moderately hard water.

-Bob

This morning I got my first bad lather with Stirling using MITA. Not the soap's fault, I think I added too much water too quickly and it never really got to that thick creamy consistency. The first two passes still did alright, but by the third the lather was breaking down and didn't provide any protection at all.

Also my first shave with a mentholated soap. I did a face lather with MITA previously and I though the cooling of the menthol was interesting and refreshing. During the shave, however, the scented oils started to burn my skin like most of the other scents have done and by the end of the second pass I really just wanted the soap off my face. Kind of a bad shave all around, I'll definitely be using Naken & Smooth for the rest of the week to give my face a chance to heal up.

I think I'm done trying out new scented soaps for now, my skin just doesn't agree with them. Naked & Smooth and Ozark Mountain were the only 2 of the 6 I tried that didn't burn, and even Ozark had a slight tingle by the end of the 3rd pass but it was tolerable. Lucky for me Ozark also happens to be my favorite scent of the 10 I've smelled (Ozark, Barbershop, Spice, Executive Man, SDM, MITA, Vanilla Sandalwood, Bay Rum, Ben Franklin, Pig Trail). I have a full tub of it on the way along with some AS splash samples, but for whatever reason the lovely USPS needs a full 7 days to get the package from northern AR to KY. They've always delivered in 2 days before, but whatever.

I found its performance inconsistent compared to others, and the budget price went out the window when I had to load about double that of B&M. I love the barbershop scent but am more likely to try out as a balm or splash next time.

One key to Stirling is to load more than you would other soaps. In the grand scheme of things soap is cheap, so no worries. My pucks of Stirling last a long time.

Big fan of the shave soap (Barbershop, Clubman, Black Cherry, Spice, Almond Creme, Tuscany, etc.) and very big fan of the aftershave splashes. But OP, do yourself a favor and try the bath soaps, too. The Cocoa Butter is simply out of this world.

One key to Stirling is to load more than you would other soaps.

I find this to be the opposite...given that you bloom the soap. This mornings shave was with MITA. I bloomed the soap, then poured a healthy amount of bloomwater into the lather bowl. Loaded my brush for maybe 10 seconds max. Then I tilt the bowl in my hand, begin lathering above the bloom water, and slowly incorporate the bloom water into the lather. Keep whipping it up. Given my very short load time, I was surprised to have enough lather to do a 6 pass shave if so desired! This was my best lather yet.

I also find that my omega boar whips up better lather with Stirling than my WD ST.

Count me in for the north of the 49 portion of this game.
That's awesome! Thanks brother.

You have to put your name on the list in the other thread that James created and repost it to get added to that one. Right now he's trying to get enough interest to see if it's a go or not.

Top Bottom