What's new

Stainless steel Razor

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nine members took the challenge over four years, and only two have continued to speak to me.

The challenge is now officially retired.

I've looked at the Weber website and can't easily discern the difference between the Bulldog and Classic handles. Can someone educate me?

Thanks in advance.

I've looked at the Weber website and can't easily discern the difference between the Bulldog and Classic handles. Can someone educate me?

Thanks in advance.

Classic:
$download.jpg

Bulldog:
$download (1).jpg

I decided after several months of drooling, to pick up the ATT Kronos R-1. I almost got the Weber, but for a complicated reason while at sea, it was easier for me to get my hands on the ATT. I'll bet the Weber is superb too.

That is part of the challenge though :lol:

Yep, my wife was still sleeping so I opened it in front of my oldest daughter who is "technically an adult" and old enough to understand exactly what it meant. I'm certainly glad I didn't open it in front of my youngest daughter as she would certainly be asking some questions about what it meant. These are questions I'm not prepared to answer someone who is her age.

I decided after several months of drooling, to pick up the ATT Kronos R-1. I almost got the Weber, but for a complicated reason while at sea, it was easier for me to get my hands on the ATT. I'll bet the Weber is superb too.

Congratulations! You will love your ATT.

Sometimes just the tip of the iceberg

I'm on here a lot so I've seen a few inappropriate posts get quickly edited but I can only imagine what you guys are up against. Thank you for keeping the forum gentlemanly. It's a great environment here because of the often unappreciated work you do.

If only Weber made an Open Comb... :crying:

+1. That's at the top of my wish list. I think we should petition the company.

BTW, the Classic handle is definitely longer than the Bulldog, but I'm not sure it's slimmer. It's a fairly thick handle.

+1. That's at the top of my wish list. I think we should petition the company.

BTW, the Classic handle is definitely longer than the Bulldog, but I'm not sure it's slimmer. It's a fairly thick handle.

Must be only slightly thinner. I have read somewhere the total weight of the razor with the Classic is 94g and with the Bulldog is 91g.
If they were the same diameter the difference would be bigger, given the extra length of the Classic.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've had most of the modern stainless, with the exception of the Pils, of which there were too many reported quality issues for me to lay out that kind of cash. Plus it is ugly. I like a more aggressive shave, and appreciate finely crafted items. This is my take on those of this type that I have tried:

1- Above the Tie H-2 Open Comb Atlas. Absolutely flawless. This one made the always ready rack
2- Tradere Open Comb. Very Close Second, difference is that I prefer the shorter handled Atlas
3- Feather AS-D2. Milder than I usually like, but gets the job done. Quality equal to #s 1 & 2
4- Weber Wave - good quality but not of the level of the ones above. But half the price
5- iKon (or however it is spelled) Tried two, slant and the Open Comb. Not impressed at all with the slant, it was sold. The OC is just ok, approximately the build quality of the Weber but priced half again as much, in between the Weber and the Top 3.

I know there are multiple threads on this subject, but I am going to revive it.. Getting the itch pretty bad. I really want a Pils . Also looking Into a Att R1, Ikon series, or should I just wait till Tradere comes back on the market.. Any advice is welcomed

Just ordered a Weber with the bulldog handle. From what I've heard, it's worth the price. And from what I've seen if it doesn't work out for you there's no issue selling it.

Top Bottom