What's new

Stainless steel Razor

I have the Weber PH with classic handle and a Feather stainless. Both are very well built razors and I really like them both very much.
Probably my two favorite razors. The Weber has more heft to it than the Feather and it gives a more aggressive shave. The Feather is my favorite, but I don't have a really heavy beard, so the "mild" shave it gives is perfect for me. It still gives a great shave once you get the hang of using it and it's a really forgiving razor.

I have found that my Ikon Bulldog II handle and Weber Classic handle improve any head I put on them greatly. Right now I'm rotating through a DE89, a Gillette Tech and a Gillette Old Type. I've got a Long Comb NEW on the way that I'm sure will perform great with these handles. I'd really like to get a Weber PH but will have to wait for one to pop up on the webs since you can't buy separate heads from Weber. It's really cool shaving with the 90 year old Old Type knowing that my stainless steel razors will last just as long.

Last edited:
I'm pondering the same question as the OP. I have a AS-D1 which will be popping up on BST soon. I'm currently looking at ATT or Ikon OCC.

What's the deal with people not liking ikon as a company? I'm fresh into this subculture.

I've asked some well respected people actually associated within this business(retail stores,their resellers ,etc.)and it seems they don't give money to advertise here and promoting iKon products in a good light on badgerandblade.com is frowned upon, just check out how the name keeps coming up misspelled.

Obviously with all the iKon designs and models they offer it is sure to intimidate many people who fear innovation.

I've bought some w/o any issues at all and it is true about the fit and finish of them, nothing on the market even comes close.

Okay, I've been lucky enough to have my complete choices in Stainless.
Weber PH with all three handles.
ATT M1 with both handles.
Pils
Tradere SB
Feather AS-D1.

Ratings (for me):

Aggressive (most to least)

Tradere
Pils
ATT and Weber are tied
Feather is a major step down in the scale .. the others are close. Tradere is much greater blade exposure, but looks scarier than it is. Gives a very good shave, but I need to pay attention to what I'm doing. Pils is a very safe shave and comfortable/smooth. Weber doesn't seem so aggressive, in use .. but the results are much more than you think. A very good shave .. only nicked me once .. I think that was a cosmic bing .. I trust it always. ATT is a class by itself. Not as pretty as Tradere (the supermodel of stainless), but just beautiful in every possible way. The M1 gives me a fantastic shave. Not issues at all. Pils ..? I HAD to have one. The handle gets hits from a lot of folks, but works perfectly for me. The Tradere is just plain beautiful. I love using it. The Pils is also beautiful and amazing in the precision of construction. Useage is great, and I like to loos over the build. Weber is industrial and has fantastic build quality. Feather is as close to classic Gillette Tech as one could ever get with stainless. Very mild and great build quality. Most neutral in balance. ATT has it all. Not as "hot", but drop dead pretty.

Heavier head in use:

Tradere
Pils
ATT Atlas
Weber Wave
Weber Classic
ATT Kronos
Weber Bulldog
Feather

Hope that helps you.

Last edited:
I've asked some well respected people actually associated within this business(retail stores,their resellers ,etc.)and it seems they don't give money to advertise here and promoting iKon products in a good light on badgerandblade.com is frowned upon, just check out how the name keeps coming up misspelled.

Obviously with all the iKon designs and models they offer it is sure to intimidate many people who fear innovation.

I've bought some w/o any issues at all and it is true about the fit and finish of them, nothing on the market even comes close.

The problem with speaking about things which you know nothing about, is that you just come across looking ignorant of the facts, which in this case, you are so off base that it is actually laughable.

For one thing, as a member here, could you please show me the ads that you are seeing? And I guess you think that our Mod Team has nothing better to do than search out instances of "ikon" wherever they exist and cleverly change the spelling?

While you are certainly welcome to your opinion about the company, choosing to speak on something that you know absolutely nothing about just makes you look silly.

I'm pondering the same question as the OP. I have a AS-D1 which will be popping up on BST soon. I'm currently looking at ATT or Ikon OCC.

What's the deal with people not liking ikon as a company? I'm fresh into this subculture.

I don't recall exactly what the issue was with Badger and Blade and them being banned at one time. I do remember reading about it a while back but cannot find the related thread with the quick search I did before posting this response. I'm sorry, but I just don't remember the details.

I don't personally have any issues with Ikon. I have a friend who has the Ikon Slant and loves it. I even thought about getting one myself at one point.

I do know that they seemed to have some quality control issues and I believe possibly some related customer service issues that weren't handled as well as they could have been (I'm thinking that they may have actually published some personal customer information in a public forum which might have earned them the ban). Like I said I don't remember exactly what happened so don't quote me on this and make sure you do your own research.

I don't know if they are beyond this at this time. I looked at their sets and their price was appealing but I didn't want to risk getting a bad one and having to deal with it, so I chose the ATT razor instead.

I wouldn't completely rule out Ikon myself but I would definitely do your research before making a purchase.

Moderators - I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post as these type of issues with companies seem to be a touchy subject here. Please feel free to edit this post if you feel it is needed. My intentions aren't to break any rules and my apologies if I have unintentionally done so.

Last edited:

With all due respect, I seriously doubt that. There was a stainless steel poll here (you can find it in a search), and Weber WAY outdistanced all of the others. Also, IIRC, iKons are made in a third world country while the others are not. Far more importantly, there are posts on B&B criticizing iKon's customer service and business practices, and you won't find that with the other SS razor companies. Having said that, I own and love an iKon Shavecraft 101. YMMV.

The problem with speaking about things which you know nothing about, is that you just come across looking ignorant of the facts, which in this case, you are so off base that it is actually laughable.

For one thing, as a member here, could you please show me the ads that you are seeing? And I guess you think that our Mod Team has nothing better to do than search out instances of "ikon" wherever they exist and cleverly change the spelling?

While you are certainly welcome to your opinion about the company, choosing to speak on something that you know absolutely nothing about just makes you look silly.

Doubt the products would be sold (OUT) all over the world if the customer service was as bad as a small dedicated handful here try to make it out to be.

And guess all these people misspelled i Kon on their own ?

Looks like trade libel to me :)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/368226-I-kon-Weber-Bulldog-Handles?highlight=ikon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/397191-Weber-or-l-Kon?highlight=ikon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/397191-Weber-or-l-Kon?highlight=ikon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/394149-2013-l-kon-Razors?highlight=ikon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/396642-Gillette-NEW-vs-l-kon-Deluxe-OC?highlight=ikon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/396369-l-Kon-or-ATT-open-comb?highlight=ikon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the info. I wasn't trying to thread jack but I guess knowing these things may contribute to "which is better" as the OP was looking for.

If quality is the issue, that definitely weighs in in my decision. Made in USA is an additional factor to consider which I hadn't considered before.

I'm going with ATT...only because of all the different ways to customize. BUT, because of the price, I'll have to sell items from my den to make it happen. Which is fine if that's the last everyday razor I'll ever need.

BigPick, just a friendly suggestion: you might want to wait til you have been around here longer than 20-something posts before floating conspiracy theories. Of course, as always, YMMV.

although not much love for the company here on B&B IKon Deluxe Open Comb is a outstanding razor BBS shaves for me no matter what blade I feed it.

BigPick, just a friendly suggestion: you might want to wait til you have been around here longer than 20-something posts before floating conspiracy theories. Of course, as always, YMMV.

+1 ruffling feathers right out of the gate is really against what this forum is about.

That said, and I do not mean to perpetuate any of these accusations, the "I Kon" thing is pretty funny.

So instead of just ripping this guy, who at least tried to give some sort of story as to why they are looked down upon, why not just explain what the deal is?

I'd jump on a pass around ATT. I'd love to experience the different heads. And I love quality. But I guess the $$ keeps that from happening. Understandable.

But my Fatips will suffice. Man I love those things! I have them in gunmetal, nickel and chrome - just to have them all! Perfect aggressiveness, especially with my UFO and custom stainless handles by AKASL. Perfect!

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
They managed to get themselves banned, they continued to behave in a manner so foul, so egregious, and so far beyond the pale that they have forced us to take extraordinary and disheartening measures to remove any last vestige of their existence from the site.

So instead of just ripping this guy, who at least tried to give some sort of story as to why they are looked down upon, why not just explain what the deal is?

You can always take the "Ouch Challenge".

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpos...7&postcount=17

Last edited:
Top Bottom