What's new

Spinning Class

I try to cycle outdoors as much as possible. But, I decided to switch things up a little bit this winter. My friend's daughter works at our local Cyclebar. She said I might enjoy it and suggested I give it a shot. The first ride is free. It's enjoyable. I usually do their classic ride. This ride includes intervals, and you ride out of the saddle 70% of the time. They also include some movement and light weights. It's also enjoyable to ride to the beat of the music in a large group. The plans are expensive though. I did the 4 rides per month membership for $69. Fortunately, my first month was $4. I'll likely cancel once it warms up again, but I do recommend it. Does anybody else do spinning classes?

I used to do spinning classes, but it was at a gym membership that included the classes. In theory, I could have done nearly a dozen classes per week at the same price. I normally did 3x week. There's no way I'd pay 70 bucks for 4 classes a month. That's insane!

I used to do spinning classes, but it was at a gym membership that included the classes. In theory, I could have done nearly a dozen classes per week at the same price. I normally did 3x week. There's no way I'd pay 70 bucks for 4 classes a month. That's insane!
Wow, that is expensive. I realize gym equipment is expensive but that is crazy.
My gym just upped rates from 40$ to 50$ per month, and, granted, they don't have spinning cycles, but the gym one town over does and the rates are about the same. One can do boot camps with the spinning cycle for 5$ each class and it's offered twice a week.

I agree. $70 per month for 4 rides is expensive. Fortunately, I got the first month for $4. If I keep the membership for four months that works out to be $13 per class. I probably spend $13 a ride on coffee and a pastry every time I ride my road bike.

I've turned my bike into a spin cycle -ish. Removed front tyre now forks on homemade stand and rear on a single roller that can have the friction turned up or down. 4 to 5 times a week 30mims to 60mins and 5 to 10 miles ,depending on what Im also upto. Works for me.

Top Bottom